Internet Mail problem (error 0x80040115; ID 3039)

Internet Mail problem (error 0x80040115; ID 3039)

Post by Pieter Biso » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

We are having problems with in and outbound mail on our Exchange server (5.0
sp1).

It functions OK for a period and without any apparent reason it stops
processing Internet mail.
Inbound mail stays on the IMC queue and is not transferred to the message
store.

In the event log we have the messages of the following kind:

   Event ID: 4117
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
   Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the  Microsoft
   Exchange Server. As a result, the message in spool file KPFYCMQB failed
   to be delivered. The message has been moved to the  IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE
   directory.

   Event ID: 3039
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
   communicate with the message store. An attempt to refresh the connection
   will be made. If not successful, the service will be shut down.

This is copied from the MS KB entry on this problem (Q166558 - 24 june
1997).
No solution yet. (standard `We are researching this problem')

When we start the Internet Mail Service again, it all functions again. We
have also sometimes problems with internal mailing lists. No idea if this is
related. We also have had a server crash a week ago and had to recreate the
Exchange Server.

Any help is appreciated.

Pieter Bison
Sentient Machine Research
Amsterdam

[...]

Post by John Basset » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I got the 4117 error too.  I have had to rebuild our Information Store twice
in the last week.  I used ISINTEG to repair the problem and it goes away.

>We are having problems with in and outbound mail on our Exchange server
(5.0
>sp1).

>It functions OK for a period and without any apparent reason it stops
>processing Internet mail.
>Inbound mail stays on the IMC queue and is not transferred to the message
>store.

>In the event log we have the messages of the following kind:

>   Event ID: 4117
>   Source: MSExchangeIMC
>   Category: Internal Processing
>   Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the  Microsoft
>   Exchange Server. As a result, the message in spool file KPFYCMQB failed
>   to be delivered. The message has been moved to the  IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE
>   directory.

>   Event ID: 3039
>   Source: MSExchangeIMC
>   Category: Internal Processing
>   communicate with the message store. An attempt to refresh the connection
>   will be made. If not successful, the service will be shut down.

>This is copied from the MS KB entry on this problem (Q166558 - 24 june
>1997).
>No solution yet. (standard `We are researching this problem')

>When we start the Internet Mail Service again, it all functions again. We
>have also sometimes problems with internal mailing lists. No idea if this
is
>related. We also have had a server crash a week ago and had to recreate the
>Exchange Server.

>Any help is appreciated.

>Pieter Bison
>Sentient Machine Research
>Amsterdam

1. Event ID: 3039

I am receiving the following error on one of my Exchange
5.5 servers:

Event ID: 3039
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
trying to communicate with the message store. An attempt
to refresh the connection will be made. If not successful,
the service will be shut down.

Article Q166558 states that Microsoft has confirmed this
to be a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.0.
This problem was corrected in the latest Microsoft
exchange Server 5.0 U.S. Service Pack.

Does this still aplly to me if I am running Exchange 5.5
with SP4?

2. If someone's OAB includes 'user@domain.com'. My mail server cannot find domain.com'

3. Sending Internet mail with internet mail user ID not exchange ID through Outlook 2000 - A solution

4. CreateMailBox

5. information store and imc stop with events 4182,3039,4116

6. Address lists

7. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Event - 4182, 3039, 4116, 1005

8. Change NT Domain Name with Exchange Server already installed

9. HELP: 3039, 4117, 4116

10. Error when starting Internet Mail Service - Event ID 4037

11. Error [0x80040115]

12. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintenance thread.

13. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occured in maintenance thread.