An unexpected, unknown error has occured

An unexpected, unknown error has occured

Post by Max Panci » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

After upgrade to Exchange Server 5.5 SP1, when starting Exchange
Administrator I get the following error:

An unexpected, unknown error has occurred
MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000

Can someone help me ?
Thanks in advance

/maxp

An unexpected, unknown error has occured

Post by Tobias Ostensso » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Did you upgrade the administrator program as well, if it was on a different
computer?

Regards,
Tobias

>After upgrade to Exchange Server 5.5 SP1, when starting Exchange
>Administrator I get the following error:

>An unexpected, unknown error has occurred
>MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
>ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000

>Can someone help me ?
>Thanks in advance

>/maxp

An unexpected, unknown error has occured

Post by Max Panci » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Doesn't SP1 upgrade procedure update also the ADMIN program ?
If not, where's containted the upgrade for Administrator ?
Thanks

>Did you upgrade the administrator program as well, if it was on a different
>computer?

>Regards,
>Tobias

>>After upgrade to Exchange Server 5.5 SP1, when starting Exchange
>>Administrator I get the following error:

>>An unexpected, unknown error has occurred
>>MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
>>ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000

>>Can someone help me ?
>>Thanks in advance

>>/maxp

An unexpected, unknown error has occured

Post by Tobias Ostensso » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

On certainly does on the server, so that's from where you're running
Exchange Admin?

/Tobias

>Doesn't SP1 upgrade procedure update also the ADMIN program ?
>If not, where's containted the upgrade for Administrator ?
>Thanks

>>Did you upgrade the administrator program as well, if it was on a
different
>>computer?

>>Regards,
>>Tobias

>>>After upgrade to Exchange Server 5.5 SP1, when starting Exchange
>>>Administrator I get the following error:

>>>An unexpected, unknown error has occurred
>>>MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
>>>ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000

>>>Can someone help me ?
>>>Thanks in advance

>>>/maxp

An unexpected, unknown error has occured

Post by Max Panci » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Server and Administrator are on the same machine..

>On certainly does on the server, so that's from where you're running
>Exchange Admin?

>/Tobias

>>Doesn't SP1 upgrade procedure update also the ADMIN program ?
>>If not, where's containted the upgrade for Administrator ?
>>Thanks

1. Error: An unknown, Unexpected error has occured

I have Exchange 5.5 w/ sp1 that I recieved error when using the Admin
program.  Nothing has been changed that I'm aware of.  From the Technet
Article# Q174172, it said to renamed Mapi32.dll and Riched32.dll, and
reinstall Exchange to replace the files.  I did that and reapply SP1 but to
no avail.  Any ideas?

thanks,
Marcus

2. Error Synchronizing Folder

3. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occured in maintenance thread.

4. Startup group and PROFGEN.EXE

5. Unexpected MAPI Error occured (MSExchangeES ID5)

6. SMTP Time Stamp

7. Host unknown errors occuring sporadically

8. OWA Public Folder Access & other woes!

9. Unknown or unexpected error occurred

10. Unexpected unknown error///or///the mapi call failed

11. Unexpected unknown error

12. Error: Exchange IS error 294, Unexpected Win32 Error 0x1B

13. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured