Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Post by David Yance » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Can you install the Exchange Administrator Console on a NT Workstation
4.0 computer. I know that you can do this on a server
but can it be done on workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Post by Cobble » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

no.

attach to the bin\admin.exe to access it.

Quote:> Can you install the Exchange Administrator Console on a NT Workstation
> 4.0 computer. I know that you can do this on a server
> but can it be done on workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Post by Kyle Daviso » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I know you can in EXCHANGE 5.5.  run setup of the Exchange CD, pick custom
and only select the administrator console part of it.

Quote:> Can you install the Exchange Administrator Console on a NT Workstation
> 4.0 computer. I know that you can do this on a server
> but can it be done on workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Post by Henry Hic » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Yes.  Install as though you were installing Exchange Server but use custom
install and select only the admin portion.

Quote:> Can you install the Exchange Administrator Console on a NT Workstation
> 4.0 computer. I know that you can do this on a server
> but can it be done on workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

    Pardon my French, but that's BULLSHIT.  You most certainly can install
Exchange Administrator on an NT Workstation machine, and I have done it.  It
is just as simple as the other people who replied to the original message
said.

> no.

> attach to the bin\admin.exe to access it.

> > Can you install the Exchange Administrator Console on a NT Workstation
> > 4.0 computer. I know that you can do this on a server
> > but can it be done on workstation

Installing Exchange Administator Console on NT Workstation

Sorry for the bogus answer.