Moving Public Folders?

Post by Dave » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:31:44

I'm attempting to move our public folders from one server to another in
order to perform an upgrade on the original server. I have both of the
servers in the same organization and have successfully moved several of the
public folders. The method I am using to move the folders is (in exchange
admin) select properties on the folder and in the advanced tab, select a new
home server. The problem I am having is that on some of the folders only
have the original server available in this drop down list. Any help would be
appreciated.

Dave.

Moving Public Folders?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:00:27

>I'm attempting to move our public folders from one server to another in
>order to perform an upgrade on the original server. I have both of the
>servers in the same organization and have successfully moved several of the
>public folders. The method I am using to move the folders is (in exchange
>admin) select properties on the folder and in the advanced tab, select a new
>home server. The problem I am having is that on some of the folders only
>have the original server available in this drop down list. Any help would be
>appreciated.

You must create a replica on the other server before you can rehome
the folder.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Moving Public Folders

II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
servers, and in different domains.
I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
the new 5.5 structure.

Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

Thanks in advance.

2. OWA Sent Items

3. Please help; Moving public folders to new server

4. How do I prevent replies to a distribution list?

5. Moving Public Folders

6. IMS on clustered server

7. Moving Public Folders to another server

8. Exchnage 5.5 - Site Connector with DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

9. Moving Public Folders

10. Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 2k

11. Move public folders inter-org?

12. Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

13. Move Public Folder