Anti-Virus software...

Post by <gar.. » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:44:39

We've narrowed down our list to three vendors for out Exchange Server, are
there any opinions on which is deemed a better product?
    -Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
    -TrendMicro ScanMail
    -McAfee Groupshield

Thanks,

Gary

Anti-Virus software...

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:22:49

There is only one worth choice on that list. TrendMicro ScanMail.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> We've narrowed down our list to three vendors for out Exchange Server, are
> there any opinions on which is deemed a better product?
>     -Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
>     -TrendMicro ScanMail
>     -McAfee Groupshield

> Thanks,

> Gary

Anti-Virus software...

Post by Snookbo » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:30:47

I wholeheartedly agree with Martin.  I have a good bit of
experience with all three.  The choice is clear IMO.

Quote:>> there any opinions on which is deemed a better product?
>>     -Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
>>     -TrendMicro ScanMail
>>     -McAfee Groupshield

>> Thanks,

>> Gary

>.

1. Looking for good Exchange 5.5 Anti-Virus Software

For obvious reasons, we are trying to do a quick analysis of available
anti-virus packages to scan incoming and outgoing mail on our Exchange
5.5 servers (running under NT Server 4.0).  We would love to hear any
good or bad experiences anyone out there has had with various products.
What do you recommend (or recommend avoiding)?  Have you seen any bad
interactions with server and/or e-mail software?  What is the balance
between true viruses detected and false alarms?  What do the packages do
when they find suspected viruses and how easy have you found this to
configure?  Have particular packages seemed to require particularly high
or low levels of administrator involvement?  How do they handle
compressed attachments?  How easy is it to keep the virus definitions
updated with as little routine human involvement as possible?

I know a lot of this is in vendor documentation so to the extent you may
be tempted to tell us to read it, that is totally fair.  However, what
we are really looking for here are real-world experiences to support or
refute the company sales pitches.

By the way, to the extent that it is a separate question, we are also
re-examining PC-level virus software.  If anyone cares to offer any
advice on that -- especially anything that can be managed at one network
location and used to easily update client machines -- that would be
great, too.

Thanks a lot.

Jon Levy
Chicago Department of Public Health

P.S. If possible, please use the reply-to address of

obviously am willing to forward whatever comes to my account since
anyone replying is doing us a favor anyway.

2. Different Graphics file

3. Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

4. Help!!!!!!!! OWA

5. Cost Effective Anti-Virus Software for MS Exchange 2000 Server

6. Blocking Email Domains

7. Anti Virus Software for Exchange 2000

8. Planning a GroupWise to Exchange conversion

9. Anti Virus software for x400 message relay bridgehead

10. Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

11. Can anyone suggest anti-virus software?

12. Anti Virus Software

13. Best anti-virus software for Exchange-5.5?