Arcserve Exchange 2000 Agent

Post by Bria » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:27:44

Does any one have experience with using Arcserve Exchange
2000 Agent?  Does it work well?

Arcserve Exchange 2000 Agent

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:42:59

www.clarksupport.com/whynotca.htm

William

Quote:> Does any one have experience with using Arcserve Exchange
> 2000 Agent?  Does it work well?

Arcserve Exchange 2000 Agent

Post by Lanwenc » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:12:25

True, true, but I use it and I've really had no problems to speak of. Once
you figure out how to set it up and run it once, you never have to read
their crappy documentation again, and it works well. I don't like
BackupExec's interface, myself.

> www.clarksupport.com/whynotca.htm

> William

> > Does any one have experience with using Arcserve Exchange
> > 2000 Agent?  Does it work well?

Arcserve Exchange 2000 Agent

Post by Niels V. Pederse » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:25:26

I've bought a full suite of arcserve storage essentials.
With NT4 and Exchange 5.5 i got it working.

But i've never had the Arcserve 2000 suite working with the exchange agent
on a windows 2000 server.

And the, excuse me, morans at CA is no help at all.

Just my 5 cent.

NVP

> www.clarksupport.com/whynotca.htm

> William

> > Does any one have experience with using Arcserve Exchange
> > 2000 Agent?  Does it work well?

Arcserve Exchange 2000 Agent

Post by Samuel Brook » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:02:56

I use ArcServe 2000, the Exchange Agent and Backup for Open Files on my
Primary Print and File Server.
I have been using ArcServe on NT since 1999 and on Novell before then.  I
have had great success with it, but you do have to read the documentation
and do a little experimentation.

Take a look at the following:
http://support.ca.com/techbases/as2000/as2k-1400.html
Also apply SP3 after you have installed the software.

I backup (2) W2K Servers (1) NT 4.0 and (1) Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server.
At my primary site. I also have other sites.  To a single P200Mhz, 256MB Ram
system using two HP SureStore 20/40GB Dat Drives.  One DAT is for the W2K
Servers and the other DAT drive is for Exchange.  I cannot fit all the
information onto a single tape and it cost less to buy two tape drives then
to buy a changer.  I also take tapes offsite everyday so having a changer
would not matter.  And in a pinch I can use a reduced configuration and
backup everything to a single tape that is very important in event of a tape
failure.  I can use the one P200Mhz system to manage all my other ArcServe
2000 Servers across my WAN to check backup status and logs, even create and
submit jobs.  The software is very powerful after you learn it.

As with any software you have to make a commitment to learn the software.  I
have over $5000.00 invested in ArcServe products for Backup and I have spent
2-3 weeks of time over the years learning the software.  Just because it did
not work the first time does not mean it will never work.  Think of all the
time you might spend learning Windows 2000 and the benefits of Active
Directory.  This did not happen overnight.  It takes time and
experimentation.  If you do not have the time and have knowledge of another
backup system then use it, but if you are willing to spend time to learn how
to get the most out of your software then ArcServe 2000 is a great product.

Some people might say that Exchange 2000 is a big waste of time, because it
is so complex and the required integration with AD takes time.  But when
everything is up and running, my overall support cost have gone way down.

Good Luck with your decision.

Samuel Brooks
MIS Director
Keystone Property Management

Quote:> Does any one have experience with using Arcserve Exchange
> 2000 Agent?  Does it work well?

1. Arcserve 2000 exchange agent VS Exchange 2000 server (1314)

Hello,

When I'm configuring the exchange 2000 agent for Exchange
2000 server, the agent interface returns a "System
Privilege" error.

Failed to add SYSTEM privilege to the specified account
Error Code=%d
Error Code=1314

My build number is 394 and I've applied the Exchange
Agent patch.

Can someone help me with this?
thx alot

2. Workgroup calendar vs Internet Mail calendar

3. Duplicate mailboxes

4. Exchange 2000 Agent for ArcServe IT 2000

5. Dir Sync from Lotus Notes generating incorrect display name/alias

6. ARCserve 2000 Exchange 2000 Agent installation error 1314

7. Crawl email in Exchange

8. Exchange 2000 mit Arcserve 2000 Exch.Agent sichern

9. Problem with ArcServe 2000 Exchange Backup Agent

10. Arcserve agent for Exchange 2000

11. ArcServe 2000 Agent for Exchange Problem