Exchange Administrator Hanging

Post by Pete VanOlind » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

When trying to remove a SMTP email address in the Email Addresses tab of the
recipient's properties, the Exchange Administrator hangs. It allows me to
remove the address, but when I click OK to exit the recipient's properties
it hangs and I have to end the task in the Task Manager.

I've checked technet but couldn't find anything. The server is running SBS
4.5 w/Exchange 5.5 (SP3).

Any help would be much appreciated as urgently need to update the recipient
of a key email address.

Pete VanOlinda

Exchange Administrator Hanging

Post by Rob Gibb » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Make sure you are not trying to remove the address set as REPLY ADDRESS.
I had this happen to me once. You maty need to create a address to switch
the primary address off to before deleting the other one.

Rob Gibbs
Network Administrator
Richmond Community Schools

Quote:> When trying to remove a SMTP email address in the Email Addresses tab of
the
> recipient's properties, the Exchange Administrator hangs. It allows me to
> remove the address, but when I click OK to exit the recipient's properties
> it hangs and I have to end the task in the Task Manager.

> I've checked technet but couldn't find anything. The server is running SBS
> 4.5 w/Exchange 5.5 (SP3).

> Any help would be much appreciated as urgently need to update the
recipient
> of a key email address.

> Pete VanOlinda

Exchange Administrator Hanging

Anything interesting in App Event log?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

1. Exchange administrator hangs / error in event

Hello,
We had the next problem for a few times.
Exchange administrator hangs when we want to open 'Configuration'.
It is not possible to restart the Exchange services, the system attendent
cannot handle the Exchange database directory. After reboting the server is
working OK.

The next error is repported after the reboot:
Unexcpected error <<0xc0040000 - An unsupported programming interface was
requested. MAPI was unable to load the information service emsadp.dll. Be
sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Microsoft Exchange
Address Book ID no: 00040380-0000-00000000>> occurred.

I really donn't know where to start to solve this problem. (the emsadp.dll
is not at our server).
Bye, Hennie Hamersma

2. Exchange Client - Out of Office problem

3. Exchange Administrator Hanging

4. Outlook Disclaimer

5. Proper way to add domains so that NOT everyone has an address in tat domain?

6. Best practices for public calendar

7. Administrator hangs deleting mailbox

8. HELP! Administrator Hangs on Startup

9. Help! Administrator hangs on wkst, srver

10. NT Exchg5.5 hanging....and hanging....and....

11. Block another Administrator from accessing Administrators email?