Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Post by Jim Cod » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any circumstances in which broadcast email
recipients would receive multiple copies of a message?  We have an
exchange account we use to send notices to our alumni, and they have
each been getting the messages four or five times.  This is obviously
bad.

Server:  Exchange 5.5 SP2
Client: Outlook 97

There are no rules set up for the account, and the sender is using an
Access database of email addresses to populate the BCC field to address
the message. Also, internal recipients of the same message will receive
only one copy.  Is this a misconfigured or corrupted IMC?

Any ideas?

Jim

Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

On client machine
do they have both Exchange Server serice and Internet Mail service
installed in the same profile? If yes, delete one of them.

> Does anyone know of any circumstances in which broadcast email
> recipients would receive multiple copies of a message?  We have an
> exchange account we use to send notices to our alumni, and they have
> each been getting the messages four or five times.  This is obviously
> bad.

> Server:  Exchange 5.5 SP2
> Client: Outlook 97

> There are no rules set up for the account, and the sender is using an
> Access database of email addresses to populate the BCC field to address
> the message. Also, internal recipients of the same message will receive
> only one copy.  Is this a misconfigured or corrupted IMC?

> Any ideas?

> Jim

Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Post by Jim Cod » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the reply, but the only services installed in this profile
are Exchange Server support and the Outlook Addressbook.

It seems that this problem *only* crops up with broadcast emails to many
recipients.  Messages sent to single, double, or triple recipients seem
to be fine (that's the extent of my testing since sending test messages
to a hundred or more recipients would be in poor taste).

Jim

> On client machine
> do they have both Exchange Server serice and Internet Mail service
> installed in the same profile? If yes, delete one of them.

> > Does anyone know of any circumstances in which broadcast email
> > recipients would receive multiple copies of a message?  We have an
> > exchange account we use to send notices to our alumni, and they have
> > each been getting the messages four or five times.  This is obviously
> > bad.

> > Server:  Exchange 5.5 SP2
> > Client: Outlook 97

> > There are no rules set up for the account, and the sender is using an
> > Access database of email addresses to populate the BCC field to address
> > the message. Also, internal recipients of the same message will receive
> > only one copy.  Is this a misconfigured or corrupted IMC?

> > Any ideas?

> > Jim

Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Maybe some kind of sophisticated rule in somebody's mailbox?
Try to use message tracking capabilities of Exch admin prog. - send message
(during low traffic period) and see what happens.

> Thanks for the reply, but the only services installed in this profile
> are Exchange Server support and the Outlook Addressbook.

> It seems that this problem *only* crops up with broadcast emails to many
> recipients.  Messages sent to single, double, or triple recipients seem
> to be fine (that's the extent of my testing since sending test messages
> to a hundred or more recipients would be in poor taste).

> Jim

> > On client machine
> > do they have both Exchange Server serice and Internet Mail service
> > installed in the same profile? If yes, delete one of them.

> > > Does anyone know of any circumstances in which broadcast email
> > > recipients would receive multiple copies of a message?  We have an
> > > exchange account we use to send notices to our alumni, and they have
> > > each been getting the messages four or five times.  This is obviously
> > > bad.

> > > Server:  Exchange 5.5 SP2
> > > Client: Outlook 97

> > > There are no rules set up for the account, and the sender is using an
> > > Access database of email addresses to populate the BCC field to address
> > > the message. Also, internal recipients of the same message will receive
> > > only one copy.  Is this a misconfigured or corrupted IMC?

> > > Any ideas?

> > > Jim

1. some internet recipients recieving multiple copies of emails

We have an odd problem, our Exchange server seems to sporadically send
multiple copies of the same email. It does not happen 100% of the time and
does not even happen consistently when sending to the same domain. I can
send an email to an associate and they will get one copy I then send another
and they will get two. Does anyone have any clues as to what may be causing
this? What can I do to troubleshoot?

Cheers
Jon

2. Monitoring User's Email

3. single email to multiple recipients = multiple emails to same recipient

4. Overview of different peoples scedule.

5. external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

6. NDRs not going to postmaster

7. Email recipients get multiple copies

8. Undeliverable Mail

9. Recipient receives multiple copies of email

10. single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails

11. Help! Messages not recieved if recipient copied

12. configuring a mailbox to recieve a copy of all email

13. SMTP Email problems - Multiple copies of email