NT 4 and Windows 2000 account on Exchange 5.5

NT 4 and Windows 2000 account on Exchange 5.5

Post by Anders Andersso » Sat, 24 May 2003 06:25:36

Hello
I,m using Exchange 5.5 SP4.
I have several mailboxes that are associated with a NT 4
domain.
These users that are in this NT 4 domain are are now
migrated to a new Windows 2000 domain.

Can I take these Windows 2000 accounts and connect them as
the primary account on their mailboxes?.
The account have the same name in both domain.
Or do I have to create new mailboxes and export and import
their mails?.

I have tested to take another account from another domain
for a year ago and it have worked fined.

//Anders Andersson

NT 4 and Windows 2000 account on Exchange 5.5

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Sat, 24 May 2003 10:39:53

Provided the proper trusts are in place, yes.  It will become a problem when
you migrate to Exchange 200x though.  No longer supports accounts owning
more than one mailbox, since the account and mailbox have been merged into a
single entity.

--

regards,
Michael A. Abbaticchio

Quote:> Hello
> I,m using Exchange 5.5 SP4.
> I have several mailboxes that are associated with a NT 4
> domain.
> These users that are in this NT 4 domain are are now
> migrated to a new Windows 2000 domain.

> Can I take these Windows 2000 accounts and connect them as
> the primary account on their mailboxes?.
> The account have the same name in both domain.
> Or do I have to create new mailboxes and export and import
> their mails?.

> I have tested to take another account from another domain
> for a year ago and it have worked fined.

> //Anders Andersson

1. Migrating 5.5 exchange server Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

Hello,

    Anyone have a URL link, or whitepaper about upgrading a NT 4.0 member
server with exchange 5.5 to a windows 2000 member server?  I've used the
admt utility to extract the user accounts and SIDs.  Will I run into
problems by upgrading our exchange 5.5 box to a 2000 member server?  We are
using a different domain name, if anyone has some feed back, it will be
highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Alex...

2. Outlook Security Settings

3. Move from NT domain with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 domain with Exchange 2000

4. Crystal reports for Exchange

5. Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Resources Shows Windows NT Account is Administrator

6. Reverse DNS lookups with Exchange 2000

7. Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2000 Primary NT Account change

8. language templates

9. Windows 2000 Server, NT Server 4.0 and exchange 5.5 :(

10. permission issue on exchange 5.5(OS NT) coexisting with Windows 2000 AD

11. Upgrading NT 4.0 BDC to Windows 2000 Member Platform - Exchange 5.5

12. Exchange 5.5 in mixed NT 4.0/Windows 2000 environment

13. HELP - Migrating from Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 to new Windows 2000 server