Multiple Messages being received from Internet

Multiple Messages being received from Internet

Post by Mike » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

We have an Exchange 5.5 SP3 server at our site for approximately 700
users.  One or two of the users constantly get messages that keep
repeating coming in from the Internet.  They don't have any rules set.
Nothing appears to be* in the queues.  After about 5 days the
message stops repeating.  The sender of the mail receives a message
saying that the message is never delivered.  I think that is the crux of

the problem, Exchange is not acknowledging receipt of the message.  Can
anyone Help?

1. Internet recipients receiving multiple messages from DL

For the past few days, every time someone in my company
sends a message to a distro list, every Internet custom
recipient in that list receives that message 5-6 times.
Regular recipients homed on that server (Our only exchange
server) only receives the message once.

We have a single Exchange 5.5sp4 server running on NT4
sp6a.

Any ideas?

2. IMS, DNS, Dynamic DNS

3. I Am Going NUTS with Receiving Internet Mail

4. ARCserve 2000 backup

5. Exchange 5.5 Database size

6. New Exchange 2000 server specs/setup.

7. Multiple received messages from one sent message

8. Receiving mail for multiple Internet domains

9. Multiple outbound internet emails being received

10. Receiving mail for multiple Internet domains