NNTP Error 90 in Event log showign Failure and no news coming in

NNTP Error 90 in Event log showign Failure and no news coming in

Post by Norman I. Rosentha » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:18:43

I am getting a lof of Error 90's in my System event log.  It seems whenever
I get this working I stay connected to my provider for longer as I have a
DSL Line and it seems to take longer

I deleted my whole feed this afternoon.  Upon doing so I did nothing again
until 9pm this evening.  I setup my feed again using news.newshosting.com
and upon doing so entered all my newsgroups.  I primiary look at the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.* and microsoft.public.exchange2000.*.  I know
that there would have been plenty of postings from 4pm -9pm time frame.

I can tell you on my error log in Exchange whenever I show a failure it
seems things do not work but when I show success and am connected to your
servers for a while things work perfect.   It seems I am only staying
connected for a few seconds at a time.  I have a DSL Line with Covad and
when we are getting news it sometimes takes longer so that is anothre sign
that it is working.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am baffled and would like this to work.  I
am using a Tiny Suck from newshosting.com and it seems from speaking with
Microsoft today an Error 90 describes only getting Headers and no messages
or content.

Has anyone else been able to successfully setup news with Exchange.

dont have full access to the newsgroups from work yet.

Thank you
Norman

NNTP Error 90 in Event log showign Failure and no news coming in

Post by David Tabo » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:13:50

Norman,

 I also have a TINT SUCK account with newshosting.com, and i get the same
event id 90 error, but i can't seem to pull any articles into exchange. How
were you able to get yours to work?

Help would be very appreciated,

David

> I am getting a lof of Error 90's in my System event log.  It seems
whenever
> I get this working I stay connected to my provider for longer as I have a
> DSL Line and it seems to take longer

> I deleted my whole feed this afternoon.  Upon doing so I did nothing again
> until 9pm this evening.  I setup my feed again using news.newshosting.com
> and upon doing so entered all my newsgroups.  I primiary look at the
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.* and microsoft.public.exchange2000.*.  I know
> that there would have been plenty of postings from 4pm -9pm time frame.

> I can tell you on my error log in Exchange whenever I show a failure it
> seems things do not work but when I show success and am connected to your
> servers for a while things work perfect.   It seems I am only staying
> connected for a few seconds at a time.  I have a DSL Line with Covad and
> when we are getting news it sometimes takes longer so that is anothre sign
> that it is working.

> Does anyone have any ideas as I am baffled and would like this to work.  I
> am using a Tiny Suck from newshosting.com and it seems from speaking with
> Microsoft today an Error 90 describes only getting Headers and no messages
> or content.

> Has anyone else been able to successfully setup news with Exchange.

> dont have full access to the newsgroups from work yet.

> Thank you
> Norman

1. MS Exchange NNTP Event Log Errors

Hello,

we added Newsfeed service on our NT4 + SP4 + Exchange 5.0 (with SP2) +
IIS3.0 + Proxy 2.0 machine.

The event log reports the following errors:

We have a german version of NT so the error message are in german. I try
to translate them as good as I can ....

Event ID 11303 MSExchange NNTP Error Authentication
 "Connection between NNTP and SSL (Secure Socket Layer) failed in
function HrRegisterProtocol. An error occured"

Event ID 11506 MSExchange NNTP Error Configuration
 "The process of NNTP service to serve clients failed Error
'0x80004005'"

Event ID 1194 MSExchangeIS Error
 "Service of clients through NNTP service failed Error '0x80004005'"

also
Event ID 11508 MSExchange Pop3 Error Configuration
 "The POP3 service to serve clients failed Error '0x80004005'"

Event ID 1194 MSExchangeIS Error
 "Service of clients through POP3 service failed Error '0x80004005'"

Does anybody know about this problem? As far as I can see everything
works fine but what do this error messages mean?

Thank's

2. Exchange SA error

3. Exchange 5 NNTP Protocol errors in application event log

4. Exchange 5.5, IIS4, and FP98 Extensions

5. IMAP, NNTP, other errors in event log

6. Restoring stores

7. There are 90+ Messages in the MTA PRIV Store - Event ID 2235

8. How to create mailinglist on Exchange2k??

9. There are 90+ Messages in the MTA PRIV Store - Event ID 2253

10. Inbound news feed not coming in, Internet News Service

11. NNTP news feed: "Article Rejected" event

12. NNTP Failure in Logs

13. NNTP moderated news groups error