Exchange 5.5/2000

Post by NETCRAMME » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:32:21

I would like to remove an exchange 5.5 server from our site.
However this server is running the IMS and is a Bridgehead
server connecting to our london exchange 5.5 server.
How can I retire this server and continue replication with
the exchange 5.5 server in our london office?
Currently our mailboxes all reside on our exchange 2000 server.
We also have a mail gateway in place (symantec gateway) in addition
to all incoming mail being routed through messagelabs (for spam).

thx in adv.

-NET

Exchange 5.5/2000

Post by Jaclynn Hiranaka [MSFT » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:08:07

Is this Exchange server the last 5.5 server in the Administrative Group?

Please see:284148 XADM: How to Remove the Last Exchange Server 5.5 Computer
from an
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284148

It tells you have to move everything off of the Exchange 5.5 server. The
connectors will need to be moved to the SRS.

Hope that helps.

--
-------------------------
Jaclynn Hiranaka

? 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:> I would like to remove an exchange 5.5 server from our site.
> However this server is running the IMS and is a Bridgehead
> server connecting to our london exchange 5.5 server.
> How can I retire this server and continue replication with
> the exchange 5.5 server in our london office?
> Currently our mailboxes all reside on our exchange 2000 server.
> We also have a mail gateway in place (symantec gateway) in addition
> to all incoming mail being routed through messagelabs (for spam).

> thx in adv.

> -NET

Exchange 5.5/2000

Post by NETCRAMME » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:31:00

yes.
What about the exchange servers in the remote location?
Are there changes that need to be made on that end?

> Is this Exchange server the last 5.5 server in the Administrative Group?

> Please see:284148 XADM: How to Remove the Last Exchange Server 5.5
Computer
> from an
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284148

> It tells you have to move everything off of the Exchange 5.5 server. The
> connectors will need to be moved to the SRS.

> Hope that helps.

> --
> -------------------------
> Jaclynn Hiranaka
> Enterprise Messaging Support

rights.
> ? 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

> > I would like to remove an exchange 5.5 server from our site.
> > However this server is running the IMS and is a Bridgehead
> > server connecting to our london exchange 5.5 server.
> > How can I retire this server and continue replication with
> > the exchange 5.5 server in our london office?
> > Currently our mailboxes all reside on our exchange 2000 server.
> > We also have a mail gateway in place (symantec gateway) in addition
> > to all incoming mail being routed through messagelabs (for spam).

> > thx in adv.

> > -NET

Exchange 5.5/2000

Post by Georg » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:58:24

What kind of connectors do you have on the 5.5 server that connects to
London?
Do you have another server in the same site you can move the
connections to?

You can easily install the IMC (Or SMTP connector if it is 2K) on
another server in the site and point your incoming mail gateway to the
new server then all you will need to do s stop and disable the IMC on
the server you wish to decomission.

George

1. AD Integration with Exchange 5.5 /2000

We currently are on an NT 4.0 domain with Exchange 5.5.  We have an AD
domain built up and we are performing some final testing of how things will
migrate over to the AD domain from the NT domain.  We have the AD / NT
domain trusts established and have migrated over a few user accounts to the
new AD domain.  I would like to build up a test Exchange 5.5 server in our
NT 4.0 domain and move our test user mail accounts over to it.  Then I would
like to try to migrate the test Exchange server over into the AD domain to
see if it still works.  At this point I would upgrade the Exchange to 2000.
Has anyone done this and are there any problem or gotcha's associated with
it?

Thanks,
Fred

2. Routing question

3. Exchange 5.5/2000 coexistance

4. IMS -- Character Set not supported?

5. AV Software for Exchange 5.5/2000

6. Admins Reading Mis-Addressed Mail

7. Attachment Compression with Exchange 5.5 /2000

8. Server Configuration

9. Exporting .PST's from Exchange 5.5/2000?

10. Exchange 5.5 - 2000 failover questions for NY and NC

11. Exchange 5.5/2000 Upgrade question

12. Exchange 5.5/2000 Monitoring

13. AV Software for Exchange 5.5/2000