receive Internet email to public folder

Post by Dirk » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:46:22

I have configured a public folder to receive internet email.  However when
it arrives in the folder is appears as a POST and not as a mail message.
Internal messages sent to the folder show up as messages.

Is there any way around this?  Posts do not provide the same functionality
as messages do.

D.

receive Internet email to public folder

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:39:27

This is unfortunately a design feature of Exchange 2000.
The last I heard, Seigfried Weber was going to release a
set of tools, one of which addressed this issue.  Haven't
heard any more on this, but then again, I've not been
actively checking.

Neil

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have configured a public folder to receive internet

email.  However when
Quote:>it arrives in the folder is appears as a POST and not as
a mail message.
>Internal messages sent to the folder show up as messages.

>Is there any way around this?  Posts do not provide the
same functionality
>as messages do.

>D.

>.

receive Internet email to public folder

Post by Dirk » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:41:27

Any insight on why it would be designed that way?

Who's Siegried Weber?

D.

Quote:> This is unfortunately a design feature of Exchange 2000.
> The last I heard, Seigfried Weber was going to release a
> set of tools, one of which addressed this issue.  Haven't
> heard any more on this, but then again, I've not been
> actively checking.

> Neil

Post by Victor » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 05:47:19

Dirk,

MS says it's "by design". Latest E2K SP2 don't fix it, as I know.
If you're interested in 3rd-party solution,  try
http://victori.hypermart.net/posttonote.html

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze,
software developer.

Quote:>I have configured a public folder to receive internet email.  However when
>it arrives in the folder is appears as a POST and not as a mail message.
>Internal messages sent to the folder show up as messages.

>Is there any way around this?  Posts do not provide the same functionality
>as messages do.

>D.

1. Public Folders Receive Internet E-mail as a Post

Previously I had posted a message in this newsgroup looking for the answer
to this problem. I have since learned that this behavior is by design and
there is no way to change it, except to purchase a 3rd party solution.

As an alternative, I have written an Exchange Event Script that should solve
this problem.. The script and documentation can be found at
http://www.netcomitc.com/post2note.

If you want the Internet e-mails in your Public Folders, to look like
standard e-mails and not Posts, then give this a try.

NetCom IT Consulting

2. Exch5.5 ->2000 / ADC

3. Public Folder receives notes not emails?

4. Windows Messaging as Exchange client

5. Public Folders not receiving email

6. insufficient access rights

7. configure a public folder to receive email

8. Setting up a testing environment for a migration

9. Public Folders can't receive external email

10. Public folder to receive emails

11. Public Folder receives notes not emails?

12. Email enabled public folder receiving mails in POST format

13. Public folder to receive emails