Another method of journalling ??

Post by Ronnie Thu » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've tried the Message Journalling described in SP1. It works like a charm.
Now, I want to try something different.
Each receipient's incoming and outgoing to/from Exchange need to be sent
one copy each to another linux mail server for tracking.
I've tried Alternate Receipient and create a Custom Receipient for each
receipient.
But this only send a copy of the outgoing for the receipient and not the
incoming ones.

Rgds
Ronnie

Another method of journalling ??

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

IMC props/Diag logging tab/Message Archival categ = MAX.
This will put copy of each message passing IMC to
\exchsrvr\imcdata\in[out]\archive

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Another method of journalling ??

Post by Ronnie Thu » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

But I want to be able to check the receipient mails (in and out)
in the Linux machine as well.
Can I read the messages in the archive ?

Rgds
Ronnie

>IMC props/Diag logging tab/Message Archival categ = MAX.
>This will put copy of each message passing IMC to
>\exchsrvr\imcdata\in[out]\archive

>> Hi,

>> I've tried the Message Journalling described in SP1. It works like a
charm.
>> Now, I want to try something different.
>> Each receipient's incoming and outgoing to/from Exchange need to be sent
>> one copy each to another linux mail server for tracking.
>> I've tried Alternate Receipient and create a Custom Receipient for each
>> receipient.
>> But this only send a copy of the outgoing for the receipient and not the
>> incoming ones.

>> Rgds
>> Ronnie

>--
>Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Another method of journalling ??

With NOTEPAD.EXE.

Post by Rich Matheise » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I've tried the Message Journalling described in SP1. It works like a charm.
>Now, I want to try something different.
>Each receipient's incoming and outgoing to/from Exchange need to be sent
>one copy each to another linux mail server for tracking.
>I've tried Alternate Receipient and create a Custom Receipient for each
>receipient.
>But this only send a copy of the outgoing for the receipient and not the
>incoming ones.

Route all incoming and outgoing SMTP messages through Linux. Manage
your problem there.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Another method of journalling ??

Post by Chet Carso » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

How about adding the SMTP address for your LINUX mailbox as a custom
recipient on the Exchange Server and use it as the Journal Recipient?

Better yet, Create a public folder and us it as the Journal Recipient.  Then
have a server script forward the messages to the LINUX mailbox.  That way
you can add some logic for whatever else you need to do and monitor the
process at the same time.

Quote:> Hi,

> I've tried the Message Journalling described in SP1. It works like a
charm.
> Now, I want to try something different.
> Each receipient's incoming and outgoing to/from Exchange need to be sent
> one copy each to another linux mail server for tracking.
> I've tried Alternate Receipient and create a Custom Receipient for each
> receipient.
> But this only send a copy of the outgoing for the receipient and not the
> incoming ones.

> Rgds
> Ronnie

1. Audit Journalling

Iam trying to set up auditing of all internal and external email being
processed by our exchange server(ver5.5).  It will only audit internal
email.  What am I doing wrong?

2. SMTP RFC and duplicate mail

3. Journalling

4. Exchange mail from Internet News

5. Per-recipient journalling

6. error sending smtp..please help

7. journalling??

8. Outlook97 Help

9. Message Journalling

10. 5.5 SP1 message journalling confirmations please

11. Journalling

12. MEssage journalling

13. Message journalling with 2 domains