Agents Tab

Post by Van-De-Velde Frederi » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We want to run scripts on public folders but when we enable the Event
Service and put the right permissions on the folder we don't see and
Agent Tab.

We are using Exchange 5.5 SP1 and Outlook 98.

Any idea ?

Agents Tab

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>We want to run scripts on public folders but when we enable the Event
>Service and put the right permissions on the folder we don't see and
>Agent Tab.

Do you have the proper level of permission on the folder? I think you
need at least the "Author" role.

You also need the "Server Scripting" Add-In installed on the client.

Agents Tab

Post by Darin R Cam » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>We want to run scripts on public folders but when we enable the Event
>Service and put the right permissions on the folder we don't see and
>Agent Tab.

>We are using Exchange 5.5 SP1 and Outlook 98.

>Any idea ?

You must add the Agent (script) capability through the Outlook client.
Follow these steps:
- Open Outlook
- Click Tools>Options
- Click the Other tab
- Click the Advanced Options button
- Click the Add-In Manager button
- Select Server Scripting then click OK

You should now see the Agent tab from the folder properties dialog box.

Darin R Camp

Agents Tab

Post by Van-De-Velde Frederi » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Where Can I find this Add-In ?

I'm using Outlook '98

Posted To: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
Conversation: Agents Tab
Subject: Re: Agents Tab

>We want to run scripts on public folders but when we enable the Event
>Service and put the right permissions on the folder we don't see and
>Agent Tab.

Do you have the proper level of permission on the folder? I think you
need at least the "Author" role.

You also need the "Server Scripting" Add-In installed on the client.

Agents Tab

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

    Go to Tools/Options, select the General tab, and click Add-in Manager.
See if there is a "Server Scripting" entry, and make sure the box next to it
is checked.

>Where Can I find this Add-In ?

>I'm using Outlook '98

Agents Tab

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Where Can I find this Add-In ?

>I'm using Outlook '98

Then it should be in the Add-In Manager's list.

Use the "Tools | Options" menu, click the "Other" tab and then the
"Advanced Options" button. You'll find the "Add-In Manager..." button
there. "Server Scripting" should be there. Check the box next to it
and click "OK" until you're back in OL98.

Agents Tab

Post by Van-De-Velde Frederi » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Thanks, I have found it.
Posted At: mercredi 14 octobre 1998 20:38
Posted To: admin
Conversation: Agents Tab

    Go to Tools/Options, select the General tab, and click Add-in
Manager.
See if there is a "Server Scripting" entry, and make sure the box next
to it
is checked.

>Where Can I find this Add-In ?

>I'm using Outlook '98

1. Agent tab missing from folder properties dialog

At my company we are running Exchange 2000 with OL 2000 clients. I want to
run a script, which catches some events, for a folder on the Exchange
server. I have installed the server scripting extension in Outlook. Still
the agents tab is missing from the folder properties dialog. Do I have to
install something on the Exchange server or set any user permissions?

I appreciate help.

2. Searching subfolders

3. no Agent Tab on public folder Property sheet

4. Moving mailboxes between sites

5. Agents Tab doesn't appears on properties of public folder

6. SMTP port #

7. Agents TAB doesn't appear

9. Agent Tab doesn't appear on folder properties in Outlook98

10. Agents tab

11. Agent tab no longer available!

12. Agents Tab on a Public Folder

13. agent tab