EVENT ID 191 - WARNING

Post by Richard Szab » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:41:33

When we start Exchange 5.5 SP4 (running on Intel PIII 400 with 128 MB RAM)
we get the following warning on startup.  I have not been able to find any
relevant articles on the MS KB site.  I'd be most interested in the feedback
of people in this group as to the cause of this message!

----------------
Event ID 191
Source ESE97
Type Warning
Category System Parameter

MSExchangeIS (347) System parameter preferred version pages was changed from
3888 to 3260 due to physical memory limitation.
----------------

Many thanks for your help!

Richard Szabo
Systems Administrator
Gibson Sheat Lawyers

EVENT ID 191 - WARNING

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 02 Jan 2001 23:17:15

>When we start Exchange 5.5 SP4 (running on Intel PIII 400 with 128 MB RAM)
>we get the following warning on startup.  I have not been able to find any
>relevant articles on the MS KB site.  I'd be most interested in the feedback
>of people in this group as to the cause of this message!

>----------------
>Event ID 191
>Source ESE97
>Type Warning
>Category System Parameter

>MSExchangeIS (347) System parameter preferred version pages was changed from
>3888 to 3260 due to physical memory limitation.
>----------------

You can safely ignore this. I've always thought this should be an
"Information" event, not a "Warning" event.

All it's telling you is that the ESE discovered that there wasn't
quite as much free memory as it expected, and that it's using fewer
buffers. Since the buffer allocation is dynamic, and the difference in
the number of buffers is small, there's nothing to worry about.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

EVENT ID 191 - WARNING

Post by Richard Szab » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:08:26

Thank you very much for your informative response Rich!

It's great to know nothing "bad" is imminent!!

Kind regards

Richard Szabo

> >When we start Exchange 5.5 SP4 (running on Intel PIII 400 with 128 MB
RAM)
> >we get the following warning on startup.  I have not been able to find
any
> >relevant articles on the MS KB site.  I'd be most interested in the
feedback
> >of people in this group as to the cause of this message!

> >----------------
> >Event ID 191
> >Source ESE97
> >Type Warning
> >Category System Parameter

> >MSExchangeIS (347) System parameter preferred version pages was changed
from
> >3888 to 3260 due to physical memory limitation.
> >----------------

> You can safely ignore this. I've always thought this should be an
> "Information" event, not a "Warning" event.

> All it's telling you is that the ESE discovered that there wasn't
> quite as much free memory as it expected, and that it's using fewer
> buffers. Since the buffer allocation is dynamic, and the difference in
> the number of buffers is small, there's nothing to worry about.

> ------------------
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Event ID 191

I have received the following event log message when restarting my
Exchange server.  I an running ver 5.5 SP3.

"MSExchangeIS(353) system parameters preferred version pages was changed
from 3552 to 3262 due to physical memory limitations".

Can anyone tell me what this is referring to and how do I rectify it?

Thank you.

2. VB Script for sending a meeting request

3. event id 191

4. Email Aliases

5. Event 191 by ESE97

6. "Unable to open logon.asp"

7. Route different domains through separate SMTP Connectors

8. Event 191

9. Event 191 by ESE97

10. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

11. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,