Exchange 5.5 How to Save copies of Incoming/Outgoing Emails

Exchange 5.5 How to Save copies of Incoming/Outgoing Emails

Post by Dom Grec » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:14:43

I am currently running MS Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4.  I would
like to know if there is a way to save copies on the
server of all incoming and outgoing emails.  I appreciate
any help with this, especially since I am new to
administering MS Exchange.  Also if possible can you
please email your response so that I am sure to get it.
Thank you.

Exchange 5.5 How to Save copies of Incoming/Outgoing Emails

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 06:16:39

Quote:> I am currently running MS Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4.  I would
> like to know if there is a way to save copies on the
> server of all incoming and outgoing emails.  I appreciate
> any help with this, especially since I am new to
> administering MS Exchange.  Also if possible can you
> please email your response so that I am sure to get it.
> Thank you.

Message journaling is what you are after. Review the FAQ below or do a
search on the Microsoft product support site.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Exchange 5.5 How to Save copies of Incoming/Outgoing Emails

Post by Rajesh jai » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:41:51

Please take a backup.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am currently running MS Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4.  I would
>like to know if there is a way to save copies on the
>server of all incoming and outgoing emails.  I appreciate
>any help with this, especially since I am new to
>administering MS Exchange.  Also if possible can you
>please email your response so that I am sure to get it.
>Thank you.
>.

1. Saving a copy of all incoming and outgoing email

I have been tasked to create a way to save a copy of all
incoming and outgoing email.

We have one Exchange2000 server and a anti-virus gateway.

My idea was to create a BCC mailbox and have each user use
it for all outgoing email. But this would copy all
internal email as well.

For incoming I could use forwarding and have a copy sent
to a central mailbox.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks in advance

2. Unable to update free/busy data.

3. Saving or copying all incoming/outgoing internet messages

4. Private calendar issue...

5. Copy incoming and outgoing email to admin account

6. E2K POP3 Settings question

7. Creating copy of production server to use for testing?

8. Incoming and Outgoing email sent to boss as a copy

9. HELP: Central copy incoming/outgoing email

10. Need a copy of every incoming and outgoing email

11. Copying all incoming Emails to a Mailbox Exchange 5.5