Migrate custom recipients

Post by John El-Rass » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 06:14:07

our tech team decided to upgrade the NT domain to windows 2k, but to install
to new exchange 2000 organization.

the whole upgrade and new integration work went fine.

we are left with one thing to be done.

there sits on the old Exchange 5.0 SP2 server about 2500 custom recipients
that must be transfered to the new AD/exchange 200 structure.

i know that with the use of ADC i can replicate the custom reciepients as
contacts into the AD.  but as i try to set up the connection agreement i
keep getting the error message that user name or password are incorrect when
it tries to connect to the old exchange 5.0 server.

1.  do i have to upgrade it to exchange 5.5 so that ADC can work or what
needs be done?

2.  i am open to other suggestions on migrating the custom recipients?

Migrate custom recipients

Post by Paul Lon » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 08:01:15

The ADC should be connected to an Exchange 5.5 SP3 or higher server. You
could do a directory export of the Custom Recipients and import them into
the AD using LDIFDE. (You may have to remove some fields), but it should be
fairly straight forward. LDIFDE is available on all Windows 2000 Servers.

Hope that helps

--
Paul Long
Please respond in the newsgroup.

> our tech team decided to upgrade the NT domain to windows 2k, but to
install
> to new exchange 2000 organization.

> the whole upgrade and new integration work went fine.

> we are left with one thing to be done.

> there sits on the old Exchange 5.0 SP2 server about 2500 custom recipients
> that must be transfered to the new AD/exchange 200 structure.

> i know that with the use of ADC i can replicate the custom reciepients as
> contacts into the AD.  but as i try to set up the connection agreement i
> keep getting the error message that user name or password are incorrect
when
> it tries to connect to the old exchange 5.0 server.

> 1.  do i have to upgrade it to exchange 5.5 so that ADC can work or what
> needs be done?

> 2.  i am open to other suggestions on migrating the custom recipients?

Migrate custom recipients

Post by Stewart Saathof » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:31:17

Actually, I may be wrong, but as I remember Exchange 5.0 only exported
directory info to CSV files, not LDIF files.  If that is true the you would
have to use CSVDE instead to import the account info into AD as LDIFDE is
used for LDIF files, unless you wanted to reengineer the CSV files to be in
LDIF  format.

> The ADC should be connected to an Exchange 5.5 SP3 or higher server. You
> could do a directory export of the Custom Recipients and import them into
> the AD using LDIFDE. (You may have to remove some fields), but it should
be
> fairly straight forward. LDIFDE is available on all Windows 2000 Servers.

> Hope that helps

> --
> Paul Long
> Please respond in the newsgroup.

> > our tech team decided to upgrade the NT domain to windows 2k, but to
> install
> > to new exchange 2000 organization.

> > the whole upgrade and new integration work went fine.

> > we are left with one thing to be done.

> > there sits on the old Exchange 5.0 SP2 server about 2500 custom
recipients
> > that must be transfered to the new AD/exchange 200 structure.

> > i know that with the use of ADC i can replicate the custom reciepients
as
> > contacts into the AD.  but as i try to set up the connection agreement i
> > keep getting the error message that user name or password are incorrect
> when
> > it tries to connect to the old exchange 5.0 server.

> > 1.  do i have to upgrade it to exchange 5.5 so that ADC can work or what
> > needs be done?

> > 2.  i am open to other suggestions on migrating the custom recipients?

1. Migrate custom recipients

our tech team decided to upgrade the NT domain to windows 2k, but to install
to new exchange 2000 organization.

the whole upgrade and new integration work went fine.

we are left with one thing to be done.

there sits on the old Exchange 5.0 SP2 server about 2500 custom recipients
that must be transfered to the new AD/exchange 200 structure.

i know that with the use of ADC i can replicate the custom reciepients as
contacts into the AD.  but as i try to set up the connection agreement i
keep getting the error message that user name or password are incorrect when
it tries to connect to the old exchange 5.0 server.

1.  do i have to upgrade it to exchange 5.5 so that ADC can work or what
needs be done?

2.  i am open to other suggestions on migrating the custom recipients?

2. Inter-org replication utility - HELP!

3. Migrating Custom Recipients

4. SP1 is out ...

5. Migrating Custom Recipients between Sites

6. malformed address?

7. Migrate Custom Recipient

8. Moving Exchange to a new server

9. Migrate custom recipients

10. Exchange 5.5 migrating mailboxes, custom recipients and mailbox data

11. Migrating a user from a Custom Recipient to standard Mailbox

12. Custom Attribute page of a Custom Recipient?