restoring exchange databases

Post by Josep » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

i need to restore the 3 databases from a backup. I back up using backup Exec from
a dlt autoloader. Can I run a normal restore job?

restoring exchange databases

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Did you use the Exchange option for backup exec?  Were the backups made with
the databases online?

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/BackupRestore.htm

> i need to restore the 3 databases from a backup. I back up using backup Exec from
> a dlt autoloader. Can I run a normal restore job?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

restoring exchange databases

Michael, yes to both questions. Thank you.

.

restoring exchange databases

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

If you need to do a restore, shut down all Exchange services except the
system attendent.  Set up your restore job.  If you have circular logging
enabled on your Exchange server, choose overwrite data under your Exchange
Options in Backup Exec.  This instructs backup Exec to replace current
transaction logs with the ones that were backed up to tape.

If you have circular logging disabled, and you are restoring from your most
recent backup, then do not use the overwrite data restore option.  This
tells Backup Exec, you have a complete set of transaction logs, and they are
not touched until Exchange services are started and they are replayed.  When
the restore is finished and services come up, you should be finished.  Keep
your eye on the event log.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

Michael, yes to both questions. Thank you.

Did you use the Exchange option for backup exec?  Were the backups made with
the databases online?

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator
BHG

i need to restore the 3 databases from a backup. I back up using backup Exec
from
a dlt autoloader. Can I run a normal restore job?

.

1. Restoring exchange database into a different exchnage server

Hi Everyone-

I need to restore an exchange database on a different
server than the one it was created on.  I found an article
onn the knowledgebase using a script but this script
modifies the active directory.  I need to find a way of
setting up a separet exchange server and restore this
exchange database into this server so I can recover some
data from a mailbox.  Any information you can share will
be grately appreciated.

AV

2. NEWPROF does not resolve the username

3. Restoring Exchange Database

4. Install Exchange on PDC?

5. How to Restore Exchange Database ???

6. Disclaimer formatting in Exchange

7. Restore Exchange Database with a different admin Account

8. cs host message

9. restoring exchange databases

10. Restoring Exchange Database

11. error when restoring exchange database

12. Restore Exchange Database

13. Restoring Exchange Databases