Outlook 2000/MS Exchange 2000 Autoreply Client Rule

Outlook 2000/MS Exchange 2000 Autoreply Client Rule

Post by Q Roger » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 02:23:18

I am running Outlook 2000 and MS Exchange Server 2000 on a Windows 2000
server and trying to set up a client rule to have an autoreply sent to each
email that I receive, with a few exceptions.

Here's my goal:

All emails received should receive an autoreply message and be flagged in my
Inbox. Emails that are received from co-workers, or are Read or Delivery
notifications, should be ignored.

My rule is configured as follows:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
have server reply using [my email template]
and flag for follow up in 1 day
except if the message is from [the names of my co-workers from the global
address book]
or if the subject line contains "Delivered:" or "Read:"

Here's my problem:

With the rule set up as above, the flag will be processed and a reply will
be sent SOMETIMES (I can't quite determine what the trigger is), and my
co-workers are always getting the autoreply. If I remove the flag part of
the rule and the exceptions, I get an error:

"There is not enough space on the Microsoft Exchange Server to store all of
your rules. The rules that failed to upload have been deactivated."

I have searched the MS Knowledgebase for this error and came up with article
Q241325 which suggests creating a Distribution List and keeping the name and
number of recipients small. I need to be able to have an autoreply sent to
each person who sends me an email. I have also tried setting the rule to
reply only to messages in which my email address is in the To or CC box in
an effort to "limit" the number of recipients, as suggested in the MS
article, but have not had a difference in the results.

Any information for resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1. Exchange 2000 Rules with Outlook client

Hi All,
  I am having issues while trying to set up rules, or out-
of-office auto replies with this build of Exchange 2000.
I know that we have sufficient space to store all the data
necessary, as we have an 8 gig C partition, and the D and
E are each around 45 gig.  I am using Office 2k2 (XP), but
everyone else in the office is using Office 2k, in which
they get the same error.

One pops up right after the other. (See messages below)
Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Message: entitled Microsoft Outlook
One or more rules could not be uploaded to the Exchange
server and have been deactivated.  This could be because
some of the parameters are not supported or there is
insufficient space to store all of your rules.

2. Can I Set the Exchange Server and Mailbox in a Logon Script?

3. Rules in Error with Outlook 2000-Exchange 2000

4. Dial up connection

5. Rules in Error in Outlook 2000-Exchange 2000

6. owa wont let me logon

7. MS Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 Problems

8. Bring POP3 onto Exchange Server 2000...

9. Rules running on Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP

10. Setting MS Outlook 2000 as a default client

11. outlook 2000 use exchange 2000 client

12. Access to Exchange 2000 from Outlook 2000 client

13. Outlook 2000 as IM-client for Exchange 2000 Server