addressing error: event id: 1000

Post by Nancy Steven » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:05:43

Exchange 5.5, sp4.  This event was logged and I don't know what it means -
there is only ONE user on the gal with this address:

A message was not delivered because the following address was not unique:

Can anyone help guide me in the right direction - TIA

Nancy Stevens

addressing error: event id: 1000

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:22:25

Do you have more than one server in your site?
I would do an export of addresses ( make sure you export ALL the addresses
including the "Secondary-Proxy-Addresses".)
and then search to see if there are duplicates.

> Exchange 5.5, sp4.  This event was logged and I don't know what it means -
> there is only ONE user on the gal with this address:

> A message was not delivered because the following address was not unique:

> Can anyone help guide me in the right direction - TIA

> Nancy Stevens

addressing error: event id: 1000

Post by Nancy Steven » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:53:41

I exported the whole gal because this user is in a different site - but I
found no duplicates - mailboxes, dls, hidden etc.  Any other places to
check?

> Do you have more than one server in your site?
> I would do an export of addresses ( make sure you export ALL the addresses
> including the "Secondary-Proxy-Addresses".)
> and then search to see if there are duplicates.

> > Exchange 5.5, sp4.  This event was logged and I don't know what it
means -
> > there is only ONE user on the gal with this address:

> > A message was not delivered because the following address was not
unique:

> > Can anyone help guide me in the right direction - TIA

> > Nancy Stevens

addressing error: event id: 1000

Post by Andy David [MVP » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:00:56

You checked everything? Including public folders?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b185018

> I exported the whole gal because this user is in a different site - but I
> found no duplicates - mailboxes, dls, hidden etc.  Any other places to
> check?

> > Do you have more than one server in your site?
> > I would do an export of addresses ( make sure you export ALL the
addresses
> > including the "Secondary-Proxy-Addresses".)
> > and then search to see if there are duplicates.

> > > Exchange 5.5, sp4.  This event was logged and I don't know what it
> means -
> > > there is only ONE user on the gal with this address:

> > > A message was not delivered because the following address was not
> unique:

> > > Can anyone help guide me in the right direction - TIA

> > > Nancy Stevens

1. Event ID: 1000 then Event ID: 9073

I've yet to try the binding order as this article recommends but accourding to it
I will recieve the the error Event ID: 9073

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q279/7/42.ASP?LN=EN-
US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=1001&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=EXCH2K

Can anyone shed any light on this if they know anything. Thanks

2. Access GAL/LDAP using Internet E-Mail off-line

3. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

4. Cannot delete multiple messages

5. Event ID: 1000

6. OWA and webforms

7. Event ID: 1202 & 1000

8. proxy for this folder can not be found

9. Event id 1000, Windows cannot determine the user or computer name

10. Ex event id 1000

11. Anybody know about Event ID 1000?

12. Event ID 1000 and 2102

13. Numerous Event IDs 1000 and 1202