Weird Postmaster: postmaster%g.%s@mydomain

Post by Murat Gueve » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

does anyone know how to change the internal Postmaster Name? I encounterd
following:

After having setup up my SMTP Domain in the Siteadressing with

postmaster sends non deliverable reports with himself showing

exists".

My be I should ad that I installed the IMS AFTER changing the Site
Adressing.

Thanx in advance.

Weird Postmaster: postmaster%g.%s@mydomain

Post by Vsevolod Ostapenk » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

It's a  known bug in EX5.0 IMC. I've reported it just afret 5.0 was out, but
it's still not fixed. May be SP2 will solve this.

>Hi there,

>does anyone know how to change the internal Postmaster Name? I encounterd
>following:

>After having setup up my SMTP Domain in the Siteadressing with

>postmaster sends non deliverable reports with himself showing

>exists".

>My be I should ad that I installed the IMS AFTER changing the Site
>Adressing.

>Thanx in advance.

1. systemadministrator or postmaster@mydomain.com in delivery-notificatons

Hi,

We have strange problem after upgrading msx 5.0 to 5.5:

If a receipt-request is issued by a sender, msx 5.5 replies to our ISP
MX-Server with no name in the from field !!!

This mails are discharged by our ISP because of a spam-filter on theit
machine.

true for 5.0 as we packed up a tracking.log file and verified a correct
behavior in 5.0.

Have we missed a hint, do we have some needs to hack in with regedit ?

Please dear folks outside help us to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

yours

Gerhard W. Recher
(technical director conec GmbH Germany)

und nochmal auf deutsch....

Hi,

ich habe ein problem, nach der umstellung von 5.0 auf 5.5 werden
best?tigungs meldungen ins Internet mit einem from: <> statt

welcher registry-eintrag ist da schon wieder fl?ten, auf dem
administrator-GUI gibt es keine m?glichkeit fr den
"systemadministrator" eine e-mail einzustellen.

wer kann helfen, es ist l?stig, da unser provider wg. spam nur von
benannten absendern mail weiterleitet !

THX
Gerhard

2. fax file formats

3. postmaster@<mydomain.com>

4. Mail Relay Configuration

5. Set up Reverse Mailbox "postmaster"

6. OWA only displays 20 messages!!

7. Postmaster template

8. deleted public folder isn't (really)?

9. How do I change postmaster?

10. Postmaster source address in NDR:s

11. postmaster problems in Exchange

12. Control Postmaster source address

13. multiple mail domains and postmaster address