external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

Post by Andy » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:41:16

Exchange Server 5.5

I have a user, configured in Exchange as a custom recipient who is a member
of two distribution lists.
There is a third distribution list which has the first two DL's as its
members.
The external recipient gets two copies of all emails sent to the third DL.
Does any one know how to stop this occurring, without significantly
restructuring the DL membership?

many thanks for your help

Andy C

external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

Post by Andy David [MVP » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:53:12

You could create a standard mailbox and make that a member of both DLs and
make the CR an alternate recipient of that mailbox. Hide the CR and do not
select the checkbox to deliver mail to both the mailbox and the alternate
recipient.

Quote:> Exchange Server 5.5

> I have a user, configured in Exchange as a custom recipient who is a
member
> of two distribution lists.
> There is a third distribution list which has the first two DL's as its
> members.
> The external recipient gets two copies of all emails sent to the third DL.
> Does any one know how to stop this occurring, without significantly
> restructuring the DL membership?

> many thanks for your help

> Andy C

external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

Post by Andy » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:01:55

Thanks for that, you really are thinking 'out of the box'!! :-)
I have implemented the changes and will update you when I know if it has
worked or not.

> You could create a standard mailbox and make that a member of both DLs and
> make the CR an alternate recipient of that mailbox. Hide the CR and do not
> select the checkbox to deliver mail to both the mailbox and the alternate
> recipient.

> > Exchange Server 5.5

> > I have a user, configured in Exchange as a custom recipient who is a
> member
> > of two distribution lists.
> > There is a third distribution list which has the first two DL's as its
> > members.
> > The external recipient gets two copies of all emails sent to the third
DL.
> > Does any one know how to stop this occurring, without significantly
> > restructuring the DL membership?

> > many thanks for your help

> > Andy C

1. Multiple copies of messages to Internet recipients from DL

For the past few days, every time someone in my company
sends a message to a distro list, every Internet custom
recipient in that list receives that message 5-6 times.
Regular recipients homed on that server (Our only exchange
server) only receives the message once.

We have a single Exchange 5.5sp4 server running on NT4
sp6a.

Any ideas?
.

2. Migrate From Pegasus Mail

3. Getting NDR errors when sending emails to some external email addresses

4. Exchange 2003 Public Folders error

5. single email to multiple recipients = multiple emails to same recipient

6. Connecting Macintosh Outlook to Exchange Server 5.5

7. Some mailboxes getting multiple copies of email

8. Help on assigning user account for a Mailbox

9. Getting multiple copies of same Email

10. Need DL for external recipients - Custom Recipient reqrd?

11. Copy incomming email to external recipient

12. Can't send email with attach to external users in DL