Deleting Offline Address Book System public folders

Deleting Offline Address Book System public folders

Post by Simon Em » Sun, 13 May 2001 00:32:15

I can create an offline address book by selecting new on the
offline address book container in excahnge system manager.
After some time a SYSTEM public folder is created under public folders.

I can then delete the offline address book that I created, sub object of
the offline address book container. Right click, delete ... etc.

However, The system public folder for that OAB is not deleted.

If I then go to the public folder container, (view system folders) expand,
and right click, delete, the system folder for the OAB that I had created
I am prompted to enter a username and password to delete the "folder".

I enter Administrator, password, who was the "owner/creator" and the dialogue
box comes back asking me to enter the same information, over and over again.

I have tested this on a network on a single domain setup, and also on a
stand alone machine with loop back adaptor that only has one user account.
Administrator. this obviously has all the clout that should be needed. I can find
nothing on technet saying how to delete Offline address books. Any help on
this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

1. How do I delete Offline Address book system folder

Apologies for posting this earlier in the pre Exchange 2000
newsgroup.

I am using Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise.

I can create an offline address book by selecting new on the
offline address book container in exchange system manager.
After some time a SYSTEM public folder is created under public folders.

I can delete the offline address book that I created, the sub. object of
the offline address book container. Right click, delete ... etc.

However, The system public folder for that Offline Address book is
not deleted.

If I then go to the public folder container, (view system folders) expand,
and right click, delete, the system folder for the OAB that I had created
I am prompted to enter a username and password to delete the "folder".

I enter Administrator, password, who was the "owner/creator" and the dialogue
box comes back asking me to enter the same information, over and over again.
Afteer a while I get another error saying unknown error.

I have tested this on a network on a single domain setup, and also on a
stand alone machine with loop back adaptor that only has one user account.
Administrator. this obviously has all the clout that should be needed. I can find
nothing on technet saying how to delete these system folders. Any help on
this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

2. HELP ! Dir. Sync. problem

3. Deleting public folder from outlook address book when public folder already dele

4. Offline Address Book

5. Problem with download address book/Offline Folder and Public Folder

6. Laptop reboots when opening a letter in Exchange

7. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

8. Per Server or Per Seat

9. Event ID 1030 / 1025 Public Folder ACL / Offline Address Book

10. How do I delete Public Folders and Address Book entries setup on another server