Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone else

Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone else

Post by Luis » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Launch the exchange admin with a user with administrative rights, then you
will give permissions to the accounts/groups you want.
Just select the properties of Organization, Site and Configuration and in
each of them give the permissions you want.
If you don't see the permissions tab, go to tools->options->permissions.

That's all
--
Luis Caldeira
 Sharon Lavallee wrote in article ...

Quote:>How do I give someone else the ability to use the Exchange Administrator
>from their own NT login?
>Help!
>Sharon Lavallee

Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone else

Post by Molloy, Gene S » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

You need to grant persmission in the Exchange Admin program before
another logon can work.

You set the permissions in the ADMIN program on the following three
levels..

        Organization
        Site
        Configuration

When you look at the properties for each of these levels go to the
permissions TAB and add the NT account that you want to give rights to.

After you add the NT account the default role they are assigned is
ADMIN.

> ----------

> Posted At:         Wednesday, July 16, 1997 1:22 PM
> Posted To:         microsoft.public.exchange.admin
> Conversation:      Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone
> else
> Subject:   Giving Exchange Admin. permissions to someone else

> How do I give someone else the ability to use the Exchange
> Administrator
> from their own NT login?
> Help!
> Sharon Lavallee

1. Someone sending e-mail on someone else's behalf w/o permission

I have relaying disabled on our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) Server and do not have "Send on Behalf" permissions configured for any mailboxes.  One of our mailboxes is sending spam to other internal mailboxes and the user denies sending them.  This occurred with another mailbox, with the exact same spam mail.  I believe the person responsible is telneting to port 25 on our Exchange server and sending the messages that way, since all you need to know are e-mail addresses on the server.  Is it possible to disable this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Karen

2. Unable to Open Your Default E-mail Folders

3. Exchange 5.5 (Svc Acct Admin, Admin, Permissions Admin)

4. Help with Event IDs 1083 and 12002

5. Instant Messaging

6. Exch 5.5 on NT w/ SP4? Install order?

7. Someone who can give me a helping hand in POP3 clients

8. Giving someone a distribution list.

9. Someone please give me some ideas.

10. Need someone to write a remote admin proggie for Exchange (UK only)

11. permission admin and service account admin.