Information Store Service

Post by Richard Seea » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

NT Svr 4 SP6a

During a restart of NT Server following a new installation of Exchange
Server 5.5 the Information Store Service, Event Service and Internet Mail
Service failed to start returning the following error codes  5000, 1121,
2042, 2186. It was suggested on Knowledge Base to use the eseutil/g  utility
to see whether the public.edb or priv.edb had corrupted. On running this
utility both the priv.edb and pub.edb returned no error messages. Eseutil/r
was then run to soft repair the databases.
This completed successfully but the services still did not start on a
re-boot.

Any comments or suggestions on the above would be much appreciated.

Information Store Service

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What is the resot of info from those events?

> NT Svr 4 SP6a

> During a restart of NT Server following a new installation of Exchange
> Server 5.5 the Information Store Service, Event Service and Internet Mail
> Service failed to start returning the following error codes  5000, 1121,
> 2042, 2186. It was suggested on Knowledge Base to use the eseutil/g  utility
> to see whether the public.edb or priv.edb had corrupted. On running this
> utility both the priv.edb and pub.edb returned no error messages. Eseutil/r
> was then run to soft repair the databases.
> This completed successfully but the services still did not start on a
> re-boot.

> Any comments or suggestions on the above would be much appreciated.

group).

Kirill