Adding New Site

Post by Rob » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:10:20

Exchange 5.5

I have just built a new server for our office in the UK.
We have two servers in a site here (Seattle). When I go
onto the exchange server in Seattle the UK site does not
show up (and vice versa). How do I get them to "see" each
other so that both sites show up in the organization
(which they are both part of). Also, what is the best way
to connect the two of them (IMC, X.400 or site connector)?
Thanks

Adding New Site

Post by Mike Gambil » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:28:13

If you haven't already done so, you need to establish
messaging connectivity between the 2 sites. Your choice
of connector to accomplish this will depend on your
situation. The site connector is the most efficient
connector and uses RPCs over TCP/IP which implies good
connectivity between the two locations. The X.400
connector is better at handling large messages and has
granular configuration. The IMC is suitable for
connectivity over the Internet.

Once you have a messaging connector in place then you
need to establish directory replication connectors in
both directions.

Mike

Quote:>-----Original Message-----