Renaming org, site AND machine name

Post by Conor Crowle » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

I have a situation where, after a company merger, it is necessary to rename
site and org names. Along with the new company, are new naming conventions.
Far the most, I know this can be handled by the Move Server Wizard, but what
about the machine name? The docs appear to assume you'll be using the same
machine name. Is this correct?

I seem to recall in the pre-"Move wizard" days that there were unsupported
tools for automating the exporting/importing of mailbox to PSTs.

Any

Post by David Sengupt » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

>I have a situation where, after a company merger, it is necessary to rename
>site and org names. Along with the new company, are new naming conventions.
>Far the most, I know this can be handled by the Move Server Wizard, but
what
>about the machine name? The docs appear to assume you'll be using the same
>machine name. Is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:>I seem to recall in the pre-"Move wizard" days that there were unsupported
>tools for automating the exporting/importing of mailbox to PSTs.

It's called Exmerge.  I think it's on the Back Office Resource Kit.

--
David Sengupta, MCP
Sengupta at ncf dot ca

1. Rename Exchange Server Name (along with Machine name) after installation

Hi all;
Is it possible to install Exchange 5.5 SP3 on a member server ( or BDC)
named "SERVER_A" and then later change the server name (and Exchange server
name) to "SERVER_B" ? The reason is that I'm setting aother server to be
added to the domain as a production server and would like to use it as a
backup Exchange server when needed. In case the existing Exchange server
machine crashed, I would like to be able to rename this server and dump the
backup tape and bring up Exchange services in a short period of time.
I can state the same Organization and Site name, but not server name during
the installation of Exchange. Is there any way to work around this?
Thanks
Bill

2. Using Profgen

3. Migration from BeyondMail to Exchange ?

4. Org name and site name

5. OWA and signatures

6. Renaming Site Name and the Container Name In Exchange 5.5

7. Please help...Public folder woes

8. Site connectors when Organisation name is different/changing org name

9. Renaming E2000 Org Name

10. X400 Site Connector between 2 seperate domains (Both sites are of the same Org Name)

11. Rename Exchange Org and Site during migration?

12. Renaming Exchange v4 Server Windows NT Machine Name