Distribution Lists and Delivery Restrictions

Distribution Lists and Delivery Restrictions

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:38:52

Keep in mind two points.

1.  Changes made to dl's on one server DO need to replicate to the rest.

2. Any permission changes may take up 120 minutes to take effect due to
caching of information store by the directory, and the default refresh
interval of 120 minutes.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> The changes made to the Delivery Restriction for our
> distribution lists aren't working. I tried adding a new
> person (tried several people) to the Accepts Message from
> list but they are still unable to use it.

> I created a new distribution list for testing and setup
> delivery restriction just fine. However changes made
> subsequent to creating don't work.

> Am I doing something wrong, is this a known problem - I
> hope not.

> Thanks for the help!!

Distribution Lists and Delivery Restrictions

Post by Ben Winzen » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:27:20

See this KB article for instructions on how to modify the refresh time.  You
really shouldn't experience any negative outcome even by setting the value
to 1 minute.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q179065

--
Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer

Quote:> The 120 minutes refresh make sense now. Changes I made
> yesterday on my test DL now work.

> Pretty scary!!!

> Thank you

1. Delivery Restrictions on Distribution List Help??

We have a Distribution List called "All Employees", which as it's namesake
suggests, posts to everyone.  It is a necessary group for us, however at
times it has been abused.

Question:  Is there any way to set up this group so that A) when an employee
posts a message to All Employees, it is forwarded/sent to the IS department
FIRST so that we may review it before it gets out to the troops and then
release it or deny it?  And if not, then is the only solution to B) give
only the IS Dept and Administration the permissions to this group, and not
everyone else?  That is not what we prefer, as there are times when others
need it.  Solution A is much preferable.  Any help would very much be
appreciated and thanks!

Bob

2. forwarding all incoming messages

3. Distribution List Delivery Restrictions Bug

4. Exchange ServicePacks - CDOHTML

5. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

6. Problems with Accessing POP3 Email

7. Delivery Restrictions on Distribution Lists

8. email footer

9. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

10. Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

11. Custom Distribution List Size Restriction

12. Distribution list restrictions