Exch 5.5 sp3-Outlook web access not installing to W2K-AS (non-cluster)

Exch 5.5 sp3-Outlook web access not installing to W2K-AS (non-cluster)

Post by Mike Rodger » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I setup a test Win2000 Advanced Server, then installed Exchange 5.5 (base).
During the setup, it said that the OWA component could not be installed
unless a specific hotfix was installed. I went on to install sp3 for
Exch5.5, thinking that afterwards I could go back and install the OWA
component. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the message, saying I need the
specified hotfix.  got the hotfix specified in the message, but when I
attempted to install it, it said the hotfix was only for NT
4.0.....gggrrrrrrrr.....

The W2KAS machine does not have the clustering support configured or active
(at least, I don't think it does....), as I know it is not compatible with
the OWA component of Exch 5.5.

Anyone else with this problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks!

Exch 5.5 sp3-Outlook web access not installing to W2K-AS (non-cluster)

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What is the exact error message?

> I setup a test Win2000 Advanced Server, then installed Exchange 5.5 (base).
> During the setup, it said that the OWA component could not be installed
> unless a specific hotfix was installed. I went on to install sp3 for
> Exch5.5, thinking that afterwards I could go back and install the OWA
> component. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the message, saying I need the
> specified hotfix.  got the hotfix specified in the message, but when I
> attempted to install it, it said the hotfix was only for NT
> 4.0.....gggrrrrrrrr.....

> The W2KAS machine does not have the clustering support configured or active
> (at least, I don't think it does....), as I know it is not compatible with
> the OWA component of Exch 5.5.

> Anyone else with this problem, or know of a solution?

> Thanks!

group).

Kirill

1. Event ID 9582 on Ex2K SP3+W2K SP3 Advanced server in a non-clustered enviornment

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a little bit of fun lately with our
little friend Event ID 9582:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: Performance
Event ID:       9582
Date:           12/11/2002
Time:           5:14:07 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVER
The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server
is fragmented  in such a way that normal operation may
begin to fail. It is highly recommended  that you restart
all Exchange services to correct this issue.

I'm running Exchange 2000 Enterprise w/SP3 on W2K Advanced
Server with SP3.
Hardware platform:
Compaq Proliant DL380 (G1 model - 2x800MHz PIII processors)
2.5GB Ram
~1800 users on the server
Server is running with /3GB switch
HP Support PAQ 6.0B Drivers
Antigen 6.5 (with the appropropriate SP3 patches &
registry fixes)
Messageware Plus Pack 4.0a (see www.messageware.com for
more info)
MDAC 2.6
NetIQ 4.02 Agents
Current System BIOS & Array controller firmware
Exchange DB Cache Size is set to 1.2GB (as described in
MKSB Q266768 - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;266768)
Each server can Store approx .5TB of data and is currently
dealing with 120-200GB of data
NOTE: Server/Storage configurations were run by both
HP/Compaq & Microsoft consultants who ok'd their
configuration

We are running in a front end/back end configuration and
are not using clustering.

I have 3x servers with the exact same hardware and
software configuration.

PRE SP3 we were experiencing Servere memory fragmentations
issues & paged pool exhaustion issues.On all servers but
one SP3 resolved the memory fragmentation issues & paged
pool issues.

The remaining server is generating 9582 errors approx 1
per hr (it has 1 16MB VM block free, ~26MB contigious VM
free). I've read that if a server's ram gets too
fragmented a server can suffer from reduced performance.
Also I'm worried that if the server all of a sudden needs
to allocate a good chunk more ram that it might crash.

I've checked all of the server's configurations & teh
software configuration is exactly the same on both
servers. The server in question is our least used server
too ~1800ish users & a small amount of storage.

The problematic server is currently using approx 2.1GB of
its 2.5GB of ram, CPU utilization is around 5-40% on
average.

I've spent hours searching the web & found tons O stuff
that relates to a clustered enviornment, but nothing that
has much to do in a non-clustered one (insert GRRr here).

Any ideas why one server server might be experiencing this
issue? Any ideas on a possible resoultion. There are some
MSKBs that mention trimming the DB cache size & trimming

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SP4 Which file to run

3. Problem installing Outlook WEB Access (EXCH 5.5) and IIS 4.0 BETA3

4. Multiple Addressing

5. NT4 Web Outlook / W2k Exch 5.5

6. Application Error occurs when exiting IE5

7. How to configure web access exch 5.5 sp3?

8. Exchange 2000 Service Pack 2; do you have to install it on all Exchange servers at the same time.

9. Outlook Web Access on exchange 5.5 does not install

10. Trouble with installing Outlook Web Access for Exchange on W2K Server

11. Restoring Exch 5.5 to a W2K cluster