Message stuck on the IMC Inbound Queue (Exchange 5.5)

Message stuck on the IMC Inbound Queue (Exchange 5.5)

Post by David Kewel » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 23:03:14

Dear All
I have had a message stuck in this queue for over three weeks and all normal
methods of clearing are not working. It does not seem to be effecting the
Exchange 5.5 server but I am sure its not right!

Any ideas welcome

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 05:48:46

>I have had a message stuck in this queue for over three weeks and all normal
>methods of clearing are not working. It does not seem to be effecting the
>Exchange 5.5 server but I am sure its not right!

Is the message in the "Inbound messages awaiting conversion" queue? If
so, is there a file in the exchsrvr\imcdata\in directory? If that's
the case, you can stop the IMS, delete the file, delete the
imcdata\queue.dat file, and restart the IMS.

If the message appears in that queue, but there's no corresponding
file, follw the same instructions, but omit the part about removing
the file from the "in" directory (obviously)

If the problem's in the "Inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue
then the problem's in the MTS-IN folder of the priv.edb. You can try
stopping the IMS, deleting the imcdata\queue.dat file, and restarting
the IMS. It that doesn't clear the message then you'll have to use the
MDBVU32.EXE tool to remove the message from the MTS-IN folder.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. message stuck in inbound queue (repost)

hi,

in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i hit
[details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it in
the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the IMS
properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to the
queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck in
my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has been
delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly appreciate
it!

thanks!  - will

2. Just got hit with "HI" virus

3. Messages Stuck in Inbound Queue

4. Create LDAP Object from ASP

5. message stuck in inbound queue

6. exchange server failing to rout messages via isp

7. Messages Stuck In IMC Outbound Conversion Queue

8. OLK filter body content in NDR mailbox

9. Messages stuck in IMC Queue

10. Messages stuck in IMC queue

11. Messages getting stuck in IMC outbound queue

12. messages stuck IMC Queue

13. Messages stuck in IMC queue