Password rejection error: 0x800CCC90

Post by Mansoo » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:32:46

I am running MS Exchange 5.5 as an NT domain admin and
created some mailboxes for other NT domain members. But
when I try to access these accounts via outlook express
the server gives the Password rejection error: 0x800CCC90.
Similarly when I send a message using the same account the
following error is returned: unable to relay for

simple configuration problem but since I am a newbie I
don't know how to do it.

Password rejection error: 0x800CCC90

Post by A. McNeil » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:57:44

See if this doesn't explain why:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q198/7/04.ASP

--
Alasdair B. McNeill
McNeill Consulting

> I am running MS Exchange 5.5 as an NT domain admin and
> created some mailboxes for other NT domain members. But
> when I try to access these accounts via outlook express
> the server gives the Password rejection error: 0x800CCC90.
> Similarly when I send a message using the same account the
> following error is returned: unable to relay for

> simple configuration problem but since I am a newbie I
> don't know how to do it.

1. Help - blank message with code :Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Hi all,

I have got a problem : 1 of my Notebook's OutlookExpress is acting up. When
I try to connect the OE to my Exchange an error prompt pops up saying
"Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: '128.128.1.38', Server:
'128.128.1.38', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An unexpected error
has occurred processing the command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD"

Whenever I try to connect to the Exchange this blank message with no sender
and no subject and no content will be generated inside my OE Inbox amd sure
enough that error prompt listed above shows up. What is going on?

Many thanks in advance,

RL

2. Exchange for everything EXCEPT e-mail???

3. Exchange Client for Mac - System Error 11

4. Exchange auto rules for ALL users

5. Exchange2000 Setup on Windows2000???

6. Outlook express password rejection

7. Error: 0x800CCC90