Errors during mailbox box move from one Exchange 2000 RC1 server to another RC1 Server

Errors during mailbox box move from one Exchange 2000 RC1 server to another RC1 Server

Post by Jason Kan » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We have been doing some mailbox moves from one server to another and
have encountered the following errors written to the Application Log...

For every mailbox moved we get:

Event ID 8215 - SOURCE: EXCDO
"The mailbox creation callback failed to rename any folders in mailbox
Mailbox %username%.
Any ideas what this means - it doesn't seem to impact the mailbox move?

Event ID 1022 - SOURCE: MSExchangeIS  Mailbox
"Logon failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store\
(SONNING)" - Windows NT Account MYCO\Administrator; mailbox
/o=myco/ou=First Administrative  Group /cn=Recipients
/cn=Administrator." Error 1144.
This error was generated once the first time username and password were
entered to access the mailbox via OWA, this then displayed the logon
dialog box again at which stage the browser appeared to loop the
authentication resulting in the error being constantly written to the
event log - well over 5,000 times.  If you waited over 20 mins after the
mailbox move request was made you didn't encounter this error - so we
assume this was down to latency?  However the looping seems to be a bad
design if so.

Any thoughts/explanations for the errors?

Cheers, Jason

Errors during mailbox box move from one Exchange 2000 RC1 server to another RC1 Server

Post by William Lefkovic » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I had a similar problem with moving the streaming database to a new
location.

Try microsoft.public.Exchange2000.beta.*

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+