upgrade 2003 evaluation copy to full version

upgrade 2003 evaluation copy to full version

Post by san » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:52:46

hi

we are using windows 2003 and exchange 2003 on a server.
now the exchange 2003 evaluation period got over. now that
we bouth action pack and wanted to install registered full
version exchange 2003 on the existing evaluation copy..
how do i do this installation is it necessary to consider
any preinstallation precautions?? please let me know how
do successfully install exchange 2003 full verison on
evaluation copy.

regards
jai

upgrade 2003 evaluation copy to full version

Post by J Brad » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:13:28

I did this simply by installing the non eval version over
the top, ignore all the preinstall steps as these are
already done and go straight to the last step of actualy
installing Exchange, i did this a couple of weeks ago and
experienced no issues at all.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hi

>we are using windows 2003 and exchange 2003 on a server.
>now the exchange 2003 evaluation period got over. now
that
>we bouth action pack and wanted to install registered
full
>version exchange 2003 on the existing evaluation copy..
>how do i do this installation is it necessary to consider
>any preinstallation precautions?? please let me know how
>do successfully install exchange 2003 full verison on
>evaluation copy.

>regards
>jai

>.

1. Exchange 2003 Evaluation to Full Version

I understand that I should be able to do an "in place" upgrade of Exchange
Server 2003 Evaluation Edition to the full version.  However, I can't tell
which selection to choose during installation.  I have the following
choices:

1.  Coexistence with Exchange 5.5
2.  Coexistence with Mixed Mode Exchange 2000 and Exchange 5.5
3.  Upgrade from Exchange 2000 Native Mode
4.  New Exchange 2003 Installation

#4 seems like the most likely candidate.  However, when I look at the
remaining steps, it doesn't appear that it's going to install over my
existing server, keeping the current settings.  I don't want to lose any of
my existing data.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

2. MTA service terminating intermittently

3. installing Full version over evaluation copy

4. Custom Recipients and Forwarding

5. Exchange 2003 trial to Full Version upgrade path?

6. antivirus software for exchange 2000

7. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 evaluation to Exchange 5.5 full version

8. LDAP

9. Upgrading evaluation Exchange 5.5 to Full version Exhange 5.5

10. Upgrade to Full Version from Evaluation

11. Upgrade from Evaluation to Full Version

12. How to know Exchange Server 5.5 is Evaluation Version or full version