Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

Post by Bart » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I work for a company that has 2000 mail users. We are about to upgrade from
MsMail to Exchange 5.5. I would like some input on which way to setup the
Display name for the Global Address List:

Last name, First name(Doe, John)
or
First name Last name(John Doe)

Thanks for your help

Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

Post by Elton Tucke » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Always go lastname, firstname
Last names tend to be more unique than first names (how many bob's do
you have?) also people may go with any number of varients on their
first name but their last names tend to be static.  I.e. "Bob"
preferres his mailbox to be "Robert", you spend all day looking for
bob in the GAL rather than robert.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE