All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Excess Phleg » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Anyone seen this problem before?

Is there a quick fix?

I thought it might be a timezone, but I'm GMT - 5 so -3 is kinda not
sensible...

All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Tony » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Did you check the machines it was coming from?
--
Tony Woods MCP,CNA
Microserve Business Computer Solutions

Quote:> Anyone seen this problem before?

> Is there a quick fix?

> I thought it might be a timezone, but I'm GMT - 5 so -3 is kinda not
> sensible...

All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Varinder Bhabr » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I had the same problem today...timezone issue....

but first check to see if the timestamp is still wrong if you open your
mailbox on another PC.  If it isn't then the problem definitely lies in your
timezone setting...

post to this group with what happens

Quote:> Anyone seen this problem before?

> Is there a quick fix?

> I thought it might be a timezone, but I'm GMT - 5 so -3 is kinda not
> sensible...

All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Excess Phleg » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

- Timezone and actual time are proper on the exchange server and all clients
in the office.
- Time stamps of tracking events in the event viewer on the exchange server
are just fine.
- Time stamps in the messages are 3 hours early.  This includes mail sent to
others in the business, not just email coming in and out through the IMC.

Does Exchange have it's own timezone settings anywhere that are independent
of the NT host server's timezone settings?

> I had the same problem today...timezone issue....

> but first check to see if the timestamp is still wrong if you open your
> mailbox on another PC.  If it isn't then the problem definitely lies in
your
> timezone setting...

> post to this group with what happens

> > Anyone seen this problem before?

> > Is there a quick fix?

> > I thought it might be a timezone, but I'm GMT - 5 so -3 is kinda not
> > sensible...

All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Excess Phleg » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Server - SP6a
Exchange - 5.5SP3
Clients - Outlook2000

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> - Timezone and actual time are proper on the exchange server and all clients
> in the office.
> - Time stamps of tracking events in the event viewer on the exchange server
> are just fine.
> - Time stamps in the messages are 3 hours early.  This includes mail sent to
> others in the business, not just email coming in and out through the IMC.

What is the version and SP level of server and client software?

Quote:

> Does Exchange have it's own timezone settings anywhere that are independent
> of the NT host server's timezone settings?

No. Exchange uses TZ from NT settings.

> > I had the same problem today...timezone issue....

> > but first check to see if the timestamp is still wrong if you open your
> > mailbox on another PC.  If it isn't then the problem definitely lies in
> your
> > timezone setting...

> > post to this group with what happens

> > > Anyone seen this problem before?

> > > Is there a quick fix?

> > > I thought it might be a timezone, but I'm GMT - 5 so -3 is kinda not
> > > sensible...

group).

Kirill

All email has time stamp off by 3 hours

Post by Jeffrey Gree » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Exchange processes all mail in GMT (or Zulu time for you military types).
Timezones are shown for the TZ setting on your client.  You can check this
by looking at a mail message in your mailbox and noting the timestamp, then
logging out of mail.  Change the timezone on your computer (and verify it of
course) and then log back into mail.  You will see the timestamps have
changed, being adjusted for the TZ settings of the client.

HTH ;P
-- jeff
Jeffrey Green
Senior Systems Engineer
Raytheon Systems Company

> Server - SP6a
> Exchange - 5.5SP3
> Clients - Outlook2000

in

> > > - Timezone and actual time are proper on the exchange server and all
> clients
> > > in the office.
> > > - Time stamps of tracking events in the event viewer on the exchange
> server
> > > are just fine.
> > > - Time stamps in the messages are 3 hours early.  This includes mail
> sent to
> > > others in the business, not just email coming in and out through the
> IMC.

> > What is the version and SP level of server and client software?

> > > Does Exchange have it's own timezone settings anywhere that are
> independent
> > > of the NT host server's timezone settings?

> > No. Exchange uses TZ from NT settings.

> your
> in
> > > your

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so
> (in
> > group).
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > Kirill

1. Time stamp on email 1 hour off since DST

All incoming email is one hour off on the time date stamp
in our organizational email.  The Exchange Server (SP3 on
W2K) time is correct but the email delivery times all
show an hour off. I have tried adjusting the time and
rebooting the server and that did not correct it. Any
suggestions on how to correct this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

2. help! reboot server to receive internet email

3. 8 Hours off on time and date stamp

4. VS API Issue

5. Time Stamp Is 4 hours Off Upon Receipt!!!!

6. How to reduce the risk of Email script viruses

7. time stamp is off by 1 hour

8. Exchange Dir-sync with Mail 3.5 postoffices

9. Time zone/stamp off 3 hours!!!

10. Time zone/stamp 3 hours off.

11. time stamping incomming email off.

12. Email goes outside with delivery time off by 3 hours

13. Received Time Stamp is 5 Hours Slow