How do I synchronise the email accounts with Win NT accounts

How do I synchronise the email accounts with Win NT accounts

Post by shaw » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:09:51

Hi,
   I took a job in this company which has a small network
with one exchange 5.5 server and one Win NT 4.0 server
and  20 workstations.
Each workstation accesses the exchange server with
Microsoft Outlook 2000. Apparently, the previous
administrator created separate Win NT accounts and email
accounts. I would like to know how do I go about
synchronising or merging the existing email accounts with
the existing Win NT accounts so that I can reset the Win
NT and email passwords.

Shawn

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:45:41

>   I took a job in this company which has a small network
>with one exchange 5.5 server and one Win NT 4.0 server
>and  20 workstations.
>Each workstation accesses the exchange server with
>Microsoft Outlook 2000. Apparently, the previous
>administrator created separate Win NT accounts and email
>accounts. I would like to know how do I go about
>synchronising or merging the existing email accounts with
>the existing Win NT accounts so that I can reset the Win
>NT and email passwords.

Why not just change the "Primary Wndows NT Account" on each of the
mailboxes to the other NT User Account? When you're done, delete the
unused accounts.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Create email account without creating NT account???

Hi,

I have windows2000 and Exchange2000 on my server. I'm
wondering if I could have 2 virtual domains, ie. a.com and
b.com., that point to this server. As I know, I could
acchieve this task by adding those addresses to recipient
policy or MX record in DNS. But I'm still wondering what
would happen if the accounts of these 2 domains are the

could only have 1 user account with the name "bob" right?
Any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Mike.

2. Forwarding to another account

3. Forward an exchange email account to ISP email account

4. How to search a set of public folders with its subfolders

5. Exchange account without new NT-User account

6. Exchange 5.5: retrieving mail thru dial-up connection

7. Service Accounts vs. NT Accounts w/Permissions

8. Exchange response

9. import win NT user account and groups in exchange

10. Exchange account without NT account

11. Retrieval of mail account armed with assoc-nt-account

12. Creating E-mail account without primary NT account on Exchange Server 5.5

13. E-mail Account without corresponding Windows NT account