Dial up time-outs

Post by Peter Cook » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have just set my  Exchange 5.5 Server to Dial Up my ISP for SMTP Mail
Delivery and was wondering how the time-out facility function works.

Currently I have it set to 2 mins on the assumption that this is idle time,
therefore if there is a lot of mail to download then it will keep the line
up for as long as necessary.  Is this correct or will the time-out cut the
line regardless of activity on the line.

Any response would be most appreciated.

Ken Haynes

1. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

I am looking for the reason why Outlook shows me
the "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft
Exchange Server ..." (See Q293650) message.

Our Exchange (2000 SP3) was recently hacked thru IIS
(yes, yes, I know...), and running low on resources
because of the worm... I ran exmerge and got all
mailboxes out. I chose to export all data and all
associated data.

After reloading the server, using a different name for
the server, a different organisation, and a different
site (You could say that nothing but the license is the
same as it was), I imported the mailboxes. Next thing:
When creating a folder in one of the imported mailboxes,
I got this time-out message (duh, the old server isn't
there anymore). It didn't matter at what level in the
mailbox-folders, or what type of folder. I deleted all
mailboxes, used SendAs/ReceiveAs priveleges to access
newly created (empty) mailboxes for each user, and
started copying the PST's manually. Problem: Copying the
content from one PST to a mailbox caused the same message
(Time-out to the old 'non-existing'-server). I noticed
this occured especially with Hotmail-messages and Spam,
but it also occured on some non-email items (calender,
tasks, etc...)
What I want to know is why outlook still wants to contact
the old server, and how I can fix this. Let me know if

Greetz...

2. Failed Exchange Restore - NTBACKUP Hardware Error

3. E2K SMTP Time outs like Exchange 5.5?

4. Exchange and multiple Email accounts

5. OWA and time outs

6. How to export "Associated external account"

7. Message Time outs

8. Out of memory

9. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

10. OWA times-outs with XLS and DOC Attachments

11. Server time outs

12. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

13. BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth