multiple email addresses without multiple accounts

multiple email addresses without multiple accounts

Post by Al Fadoo » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Can a user have multiple email addresses without multiple accounts?
If so where is this setup at?

multiple email addresses without multiple accounts

Post by ASD » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Al all I do is go to the users name in Exchange admin.  You can double
click on it or goto the file properties menu item.  Select E-mail
addresses.  Select New and then the type of address you want to add.  I
have not added any address other then additional smtp addresses.  You can
think of this as an alias.  Example on our web page we have several email
links one of which is resumes.  Now instead of having a mailbox called
resumes I created an internet address in our recruiters account.  IMC takes
care of knowing all of the alias or additional addresses that are created.
We have also created aliases(multi-email addresses)  for our mailing lists.

Quote:> Can a user have multiple email addresses without multiple accounts?
> If so where is this setup at?

multiple email addresses without multiple accounts

Post by Marc Kürte » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

It Is possible ... In the Exchange Admin Utility, select users Mailbox.
Open Properties and change to E-mail adress tab. You can create more
than one Alias:

One Alias is selected to be the reply address. That's it

Ciao, Marc Kuerten