Rolling update?

Post by Klaus Ringe Nielse » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi There!

I'm about to install SP5 on my Exchange Cluster.

The Question is: Do I have to shut Exchange completely down and upgrade the
2 nodes, Or can I upgrade the inactive node, fail Exchange over, and then
upgrade the first node (Rolling upgrade)

My systems specs:

NT SP3
Exchange SP1

Thanx!

Regards

Klaus Ringe Nielsen
IT-SystemAdministrator
Sonofon

Rolling update?

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:27:58 +0200, "Klaus Ringe Nielsen"

>Hi There!

>I'm about to install SP5 on my Exchange Cluster.

>The Question is: Do I have to shut Exchange completely down and upgrade the
>2 nodes, Or can I upgrade the inactive node, fail Exchange over, and then
>upgrade the first node (Rolling upgrade)

Yes you can perform a rolling upgrade.  Just keep in mind that you
don't want your databases started on a SP3 server after they have
already been started on a SP5 server.

Quote:>My systems specs:

>NT SP3
>Exchange SP1

>Thanx!

>Regards

>Klaus Ringe Nielsen
>IT-SystemAdministrator
>Sonofon

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer +I

1. Rolling Update

Hi There.

I'm about to upgrade to my Exchange-server to SP3 (from SP1).

The server is running in a cluster.  Can I perform a rolling update  (Update
the inactive node, fail the resource over, and then update the first node)

Regards
Klaus

2. CDO in .NET?

3. Roll Call Application

4. Outlook and Categories

5. Need the March 2003 post-sp3 roll-up patch

6. Routing problems

7. Rolling Out Exchange 2000 / Outlook

8. resource scheduling

9. Are calendar roll-ups possible??

10. Free/Busy Info not displaying after rolling out SP1

11. Exchange roll-back

12. roll-up calendar

13. I need 5.5 post-SP4 Info Store roll-up fixes