MS Exchange Settings

Post by Glenn Pered » Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:27:46

Hi,

Is there a file in Exchange Server 5.5 that lists all the
settings configured in MS Exchange?
This will make life easier instead of going into
the MS Exhange Admin and writing down all the settings in each
tab.  I need the info before running SP5 just in case...

Thanks,

Glenn

MS Exchange Settings

Post by MSFT » Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:24:21

All that information is held in the Directory database. What you may want to
do before applying any service pack is make an offline copy of the
C:\exchsrvr\dsadata\dir.edb and c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb (and pub.edb)
files. In other words, stop all the Exchange services, copy thos files and
restart services.

By the way, there is no Exchange 5.5 SP5, and if you are referring to
Windows NT SP5, you are better off with SP6a.

--
Steve Antonio
Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

Quote:> Hi,

> Is there a file in Exchange Server 5.5 that lists all the
> settings configured in MS Exchange?
> This will make life easier instead of going into
> the MS Exhange Admin and writing down all the settings in each
> tab.  I need the info before running SP5 just in case...

> Thanks,

> Glenn

1. MS Exchange Settings Properties

upon installing office 2000 on xp pro which his connected
to my network. I can't setup ms exchange to get mail via
this computer.  When I right click on MS Outlook all I
get is a mail tab at the top and no MS Exchange Settings
Properties....I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling
office and taking the computer off the domain and then re-
connecting again but still nothing.Help!

2. Single Instance Store Question

3. MS Exchange Settings

4. OWA and permissions

5. MAPI MS-Exchange-Settings Password

6. Restoring Deleted Log FIles

7. Asking for setting up the MS exchange routing wizard

8. Using a batch file to shut down Exchange...

9. Setting up a resource in MS Exchange Server 5.5

10. Setting up MS Exchange ADMIN tool on a local PC

11. Installing/Setting up MS Exchange 4.0 Server and Client Software correctly

12. Asking for setting up the MS exchange routing wizard

13. Setting up MS Exchange ADMIN tool on a Local PC