ntbackup permission

Post by wee mi » Sat, 26 May 2001 15:37:05

Hi,

  My Exchange 5.5 has backup problem.  When I launch NT backup program.  I only
able to view all Exchange server in the same site but unable to view the
Direcotry store and Informaiton store.  Thus it make me cannot backup Exchange
database.  For your information I logon as domain\administrator which has
exchange service account right.

  But, if I logon as local machine administrator, I am able to view the Directory
and Information store for all the Exchange server in the same site.

  For your information, I have add my domain\adminstrator into the local machine
administrator graoup but this does not help.  Please advice me on how to backup
the exchange server.  If you need more information please let me know.  Many
thanks.

weem in

ntbackup permission

Post by wee mi » Sat, 26 May 2001 15:37:08

[...]

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 26 May 2001 17:52:10

*y hell! Next time post message ONCE, not ten times!

XADM: Permissions Needed to Backup Exchange on Member Server [Q166824]

> Hi,

>   My Exchange 5.5 has backup problem.  When I launch NT backup program.  I only
> able to view all Exchange server in the same site but unable to view the
> Direcotry store and Informaiton store.  Thus it make me cannot backup Exchange
> database.  For your information I logon as domain\administrator which has
> exchange service account right.

>   But, if I logon as local machine administrator, I am able to view the Directory
> and Information store for all the Exchange server in the same site.

>   For your information, I have add my domain\adminstrator into the local machine
> administrator graoup but this does not help.  Please advice me on how to backup
> the exchange server.  If you need more information please let me know.  Many
> thanks.

> weem in

1. Backup Ex55 with NTBackup with AT no Permission

hi,

i encountered a problem with Ex55 on a Small Biz NT4.0 SP4 server when
trying to backup Ex55 online with a batch file started from AT.
The problem is that Ex cant be backuped coz there are no access rights.
I looked up the service Task Scheduler (the only Scheduler Service) to
change the account to be used. But the task Scheduler Service does not
allow to chenge the account to be used.

Does SP6 comes along with another Scheduler Service (i saw on other not
SMB Servers a service Scheduler taht allows to change the account)?

Maybe anyone knows..

Joe

2. IM List Problem

3. veritas supplied ntbackup and MS supplied ntbackup

4. Can I move my News Spool?

5. Folder Permissions versus Attachment Permissions

6. outlook 2000 cannot find the exchange server when loading

7. permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

8. Notification of New Mail

9. Permissions to Change Permissions

10. MAPI permissions -v- Win2000 permissions

11. Using ntbackup to backup exchange

12. NTBackup commandline

13. Exchange 5.5EE, NTBackup and Wolfpack Problems ??