Installling and configuring OWA for Exchange 5.5

Installling and configuring OWA for Exchange 5.5

Post by Sharon J. Hallu » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 09:18:49

Hello
My company would like to setup OWA on an NT4 or Win2K server to service an
Exchange 5.5 server. I am an MCSE and am wondering if this is something I
should be able to do myself or if I should contract this out. Can anyone
refer me to a comprehensive "how to guide" that will help me decide which
route I should take? Or maybe speak from their experience either way?
Thanks so much.
Sharon Hallum

Installling and configuring OWA for Exchange 5.5

Post by Josh Gatt » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:05:29

Sharon:

It's so easy, even an MCSE could do it!  All you've really got to do is
install IIS (on NT4, Win2K's already got it) and OWA from the Exchange CD,
and then apply all of the relevant Exchange, OWA, and IIS service packs and
patches.  Of course, you should always carefully plan software installations
in advance.  And don't mess around with a production server unless you're
pretty darn sure you know what you're doing.  A good place to start your
research would be:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/exchange/content/whitepapers/whi...
s.asp

Also, search the knowledge base for "OWA" to find out what sort of issues
you might run into:

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp

Good luck.

--Josh "I'm an MCSE and I managed to do it all by myself" Gatts

Quote:> Hello
> My company would like to setup OWA on an NT4 or Win2K server to service an
> Exchange 5.5 server. I am an MCSE and am wondering if this is something I
> should be able to do myself or if I should contract this out. Can anyone
> refer me to a comprehensive "how to guide" that will help me decide which
> route I should take? Or maybe speak from their experience either way?
> Thanks so much.
> Sharon Hallum

1. Error installling OWA - exchfilt.dll

I am attempting to add OWA to an existing exchange (SBS4.5 nt sp5) server
with exchange sp3.  Using the exchange setup program to add the owa
component, the isnstall fails near the end with an "unknown error", followed
by the message that exchange server setup did not complete.  The even log
shows two instances of event ID 14, source W3SVC with the description The
HTTP filter DLL C:\WINNT\system32\exchfilt.dll failed to load.

I have been unable to resolve this.  I have reinstalled exchange sp3, tried
turning off the exchange and iis svcs prior to installing.  Reboot server
with no users logged in etc. all with the same error at the end of the
install and the same two events in event viewer.  I took a quick look at
technet and the owa troubleshooter but didnt' see anything that looked
relevant.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Chad

2. OWA was working now it isn't

3. How to configure internal mail system with Exchange 5.5

4. Outlook98 on Windows 98

5. Configuring Outlook Web Access on Exchange 5.5, SP3

6. Exchange and Win2k

7. Configure ANTI SPAM on Exchange 5.5

8. mail attachments

9. Configuring CDONTS for Exchange 5.5 and IIS 4.0

10. How to configure IMC on exchange 5.5.............

11. Configuring Outlook clients from Exchange 5.5

12. Help - Please could somebody explain how to configure IMS for Exchange 5.5