OWA using network user/password

Post by Murthy Gort » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:54:58

Hi,

Outlook Web Access seems to use the network user-name/password for
authentication.. Dont corporations/companies have problems enabling such an
access?
This user-name and password can be used to access 'any' resource available
for that user; ofcourse, once should have access to their internal network
to do any substantial damage, but still ..
Some user may unintentionally type slow sitting in an internet kiosk in an
airport - or some such scenario that I cant think of.

Does exchange provide any way to map a pin for each user to the network
password? OWA users can only use these pins to access their mails and these
pins are not usable within the Network -- something along these lines? If
somebody gets hold of the pin, they can only do a limited damage - only
access this person's mail.

Many corporations seem to have enabled OWA access now - somebody must have
given some thought to this..

thanks,
murthy

OWA using network user/password

Post by Joel Salmine » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:26:14

Implement a SSL certificate. Educate users not allow IE to save passwords.

Quote:> Hi,

> Outlook Web Access seems to use the network user-name/password for
> authentication.. Dont corporations/companies have problems enabling such
an
> access?
> This user-name and password can be used to access 'any' resource available
> for that user; ofcourse, once should have access to their internal network
> to do any substantial damage, but still ..
> Some user may unintentionally type slow sitting in an internet kiosk in an
> airport - or some such scenario that I cant think of.

> Does exchange provide any way to map a pin for each user to the network
> password? OWA users can only use these pins to access their mails and
these
> pins are not usable within the Network -- something along these lines? If
> somebody gets hold of the pin, they can only do a limited damage - only
> access this person's mail.

> Many corporations seem to have enabled OWA access now - somebody must have
> given some thought to this..

> thanks,
> murthy

1. OWA using network user/password

[...]

2. RAS or Site connector ?

3. Exch5.5 and SMTP anti-virus-scanning

4. Users are sometime prompted for user/domain/password while connected to the network

5. Strange Undeliverable messages

6. Force ssl connection when user required to change password using OWA

7. help...configuring generated SMTP addresses

8. User password change using OWA

9. Dialup networking using different username/password?

10. OWA doesn't require password for one particular user even though password is assigned

11. Users cannot change passwords in mixed network

12. Outlook Asks Domain Users for Network Password?