restoring exchange 2000 database to different server different name

restoring exchange 2000 database to different server different name

Post by Tony » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:33:45

I have 2 exchange servers running in test mode. I backuped the database in
server one and want to restore it to server2 using ntbackup.

but getting errors

Any idea of how to do this?

Thanks

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:29:20

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2Krecover...
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I have 2 exchange servers running in test mode. I backuped the database in
> server one and want to restore it to server2 using ntbackup.

> but getting errors

> Any idea of how to do this?

> Thanks

1. Server showing up as two different servers with different names

Interesting problem in my first "transfer" of Windows
2000/Exchange 2000 from an existing server to a new
better/faster server.

1. I have the original server (Server2000) which was
originally the only server in AD and is running the E2K.
2. I added a new server (Server2002) and ran dcpromo,
added it to the existing AD.  It is going to replace the
original one. They both have E2K running on them with the
same SP's.  I made sure of that before running DCPROMO
3. Moved over the files no problem, but figured that I
would allow it to syncronize for awhile to make sure that
everything goes well.

But I have noticed alot of errors about failure
communicating with some server called SERVER.  I cannot
delete it, I took it out of the DNS and still getting
errors.  The weird this is that I looked at it and it is
the same as the new server: Server2002, but AD is showing
that the E2K is running on this server and not running on
Server2002.  Somehow it has the same server in there twice
as two different names.

How do I get around this without trashing the servers and
causing the speed of this current downward spiral to
increase.

Thanks in Advance,
Tim

2. OWA Question

3. Recovering Exchange 2000 database onto a different 2000 server

4. Deleted User still appeard in Exchange 2000 GAL

5. MOVING EXCHANGE 5.5 TO A DIFFERENT SERVER WITH A DIFFERENT NAME

6. Removing E 5.5 and ADC

7. Restoring exchange database into a different exchnage server

8. System error 67 occurred...

9. Transferring Exchange2k and AD onto a different server w/ different name

10. Restoring databases on different server/domain

11. restoring database to different server

12. restore of database to different server

13. Moving exchange 2000 database to different server