Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service

Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service

Post by Darin R Cam » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Chris,
What event ID's are you seeing in your Event Viewer?

Darin....

--
Darin R Camp

Post by chris din » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I met Error 2140 when starting Directory service. Now our exchange server
cannot be started.

I think that lack of diskspace caused the Exchange Server went down. But I
can not start it
after I made enough space.

May anyone help me ?

Chris

Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service

Post by chris din » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Darin,

The Event ID is 1002.

The message says EDB initialization failed, and error 550 returned.

Thanks!

Chris

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Darin,

>The Event ID is 1002.

>The message says EDB initialization failed, and error 550 returned.

Try this MS KB article:
Q143235 "XADM: Error Message: Error -550 Has Occurred"

1. Starting ME Internet Mail Service gives error 2140 (Internal Windows Error)

Hello,

I'm trying to get Microsoft Exchange working on SBS 4.5, after configuring
the internet mail ME told me to start the internet mail service from the
services menu.

After approx 5 seconds a messagebox pops up with Could not start Microsoft
Exchange Internet Mail Server on <myserver>, error 2140 (Internal Windows
Error) (message may differ because I don't have english language).

Is there any way back then installing the software again?

Running on SBS4.5 SP6a, 512 Mb memory, internal Dynalink ISDN adapter.

Regards,

Rene

2. how do i send mail from a mail group?

3. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured

4. Internet Connection Box is displayed when connecting to exchange server

5. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

6. authenticated users

7. Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

8. View Only Admin

9. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured

10. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

11. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error.....

12. Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error ( German Version)

13. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT Error occurred