Scanning for keyword in mail DB

Post by PV » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Greetings all,

Config:
Exch. Server 5.5 SP1
NT server 4.0 SP4

We have a legal issue with one of our vendors that may traceable to an old
e-mail message. I have backups of the Exchange server (BackupExec), and was
wondering if there is anyway to scan the old Info Store's for the name of
the vendor, or do some sort of keyword search.

Thx for any and all recommendations

Scanning for keyword in mail DB

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

ISscan (from
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/
) can do this. But you will need to restore your DBs on recovery server (good
practice).