Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access Public Folders problems.

Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access Public Folders problems.

Post by Chad D. Lingman » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have recently setup E2k and enable SSL by generating my own certificate,
several problems have come up, as follows:

1. On the PC's since the Public Folder scripts use the servers UNC name and
not the FQDN the certificate shows as invalid and returns an error. However
when using a wildcard cert. (*.microsoft.com) doesn't work either because it
returns the error, "The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect
12045". So the only way to get it working is to generate a certificate using
the FQDN and enter only the UNC name in the browser to access the server
(i.e.. https://server/exchange), which won't work across the internet at
all.

2. Using IE 5 on the Macintosh machines, there is no way to import the
certificate setup on the server as a valid root certificate authority, so it
is impossible to establish a correctly encrypted session without purchasing
a certificate.

Am I completely in the dark about how to do this correctly or are these some
serious bugs? I have tried to import our Apache key, but it doesn't include
the Private Key pair and Thawte told me the Cert. wouldn't work with IIS 5.0
because it doesn't recognize wild cards (*.microsoft.com). I have been at a
serious loss to find any decent documentation about how to setup ssl
correctly for Outlook Web Access on E2k. Can anyone answer my questions or
point me in the right direction?

Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access Public Folders problems.

Post by Andy Web » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00

answered elsewhere.

crossposting works against you.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert
Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> I have recently setup E2k and enable SSL by generating my own certificate,
> several problems have come up, as follows:

> 1. On the PC's since the Public Folder scripts use the servers UNC name
and
> not the FQDN the certificate shows as invalid and returns an error.
However
> when using a wildcard cert. (*.microsoft.com) doesn't work either because
it
> returns the error, "The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect
> 12045". So the only way to get it working is to generate a certificate
using
> the FQDN and enter only the UNC name in the browser to access the server
> (i.e.. https://server/exchange), which won't work across the internet at
> all.

> 2. Using IE 5 on the Macintosh machines, there is no way to import the
> certificate setup on the server as a valid root certificate authority, so
it
> is impossible to establish a correctly encrypted session without
purchasing
> a certificate.

> Am I completely in the dark about how to do this correctly or are these
some
> serious bugs? I have tried to import our Apache key, but it doesn't
include
> the Private Key pair and Thawte told me the Cert. wouldn't work with IIS
5.0
> because it doesn't recognize wild cards (*.microsoft.com). I have been at
> serious loss to find any decent documentation about how to setup ssl
> correctly for Outlook Web Access on E2k. Can anyone answer my questions or
> point me in the right direction?

1. Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access Public Folders problems.

[...]

2. How to : IMAP4 - User acts as a delegate

3. Accessing Public Folders via Web Access in Exchange 2000

4. Public Folders Offline

5. Outlook Web Access - Public Folder Problems

6. Relaying someone else's Email Traffic

7. Outlook Web Access/Public Folders/Calendars Problem

8. Exchange and dial up accounts

9. How to disable Public Folder Access from Outlook Web Access

10. Anon access public folders from outlook web access?

11. Outlook Web Access - Multiple Public Folder Access

12. accessing public folders through outlook web access through the Internet

13. Accessing an Appointment Public Folder using Outlook Web access