Form used in Public Folder posts

Post by C. Maddi » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 04:45:27

Before we upgraded to Exchange 2K, e-mails sent to our mail-enabled public
folders from outside the organization showed up as messages as opposed to
posts. Now, whenever an outside address mails out public folders, the form
used is post. If we mail the same folder from the inside it shows up as an
e-mail message, however. Is there a way to force the form generated from
outside posts to be message? I've tried creating a new form from the message
form template and forcing it to use that form for all posts, but to no
avail.

Thanks,

  -C. Courtney Maddix...

C. Courtney Maddix
iNet Systems Corp.

Form used in Public Folder posts

Post by Thomas Olsso » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 01:37:04

I've asked this question before in this (or raleted) NG. However, the only
answer I got was : "Use Exchange Server 5.5 then!". I have still not found a
solution. With a macro you can change all items in a folder that is not of
the correct type. Some day I will investigate if you can use the event stuff
on the server to automate this.
If you ever find a solution, please post it here!

/Thomas

--
Thomas Olsson, Vinga System AB, Sweden
http://www.vinga.se

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP-Exchange » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:39:39

> solution. With a macro you can change all items in a folder that is not of
> the correct type. Some day I will investigate if you can use the event
stuff
> on the server to automate this.

This is a known bug and it will (hopefully) be fixed in Exchange 2000 SP1
which will (hopefully) out later in the first half of 2001.

--
Siegfried Weber

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice - filter active.

Form used in Public Folder posts

Post by Dieter Rausche » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 02:27:34

Hi Courtney,

weve the same problem. I posted the same question two days ago in the
german E2k newsgroup but still without an response.
Id be glad, if you give me a hint when you solved this stupid problem.
Seems that nobody else have the same prob.

Regards,

Dieter