edb Size versus Mailbox size=16gb difference??

edb Size versus Mailbox size=16gb difference??

Post by Gerhard K » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:27:28

Guys... I got 3 Mail Storage "edb" with ~18gb, BUT the mailbox size is
average 2gb.
Q186291 is an Article for a compression Utility, well it didn't worked.
Is there any other explanation why E2K is such a Space Hog??
How can I fix my +16GB of Storage Increase versus the Mailbox size??
..........  GK

1. difference between Mailbox Size and Private Store Size - Exchange 5.5 SP4

Hi there,

I have a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4, which has recently started
hitting the 16Gb limit for exchange standard.

My query is this - If I export the Mailbox Resourses list, and add the
Total K column up, it only comes to 5.5gb - where has the extra 10Gb
gone?

I've tried offline defrags, they dont reduce the size very much.

isinteg -test alltests shows 0 errors
eseutil /g shows database consitent

Deleted Item retention is set to 0 days, and the ticky box for dont
delete till backup is unticked.

We are running Backup Exec doing a brick backup of both the whole
information store and the individual mailboxes - this completes
without errors. 10 days ago this was backing up the first 35 mailboxes
totalling 12Gb!, and giving errors saying unable to access the
remaining ones. This has now stopped and its backing up all 137
mailboxes (though nothing has changed permissions wise)

In the last week, the database size shot up by 2gb for no apparent
reason - the previous week it only grew by 30mb.

I think i've detailed all relevant info - if I've missed anything i'd
appreciate knowing! Its doing my head in.

Cheers

Ross Woodward - MCSE Win2k NT4 (not exchange though - yet)
NE Solutions Ltd

2. Problems with internal mail

3. total mailbox size not eq to edb size

4. URGENT !!!! HOWTO : How can I do a backup without a tape drive !

5. Mailbox Size Differences reported through Exchange Admin and Client

6. isinteg cant initiate verification process

7. max mailbox size, max pub folder size

8. RC1: New OWA Login Screen

9. message size and mailbox size?

10. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

11. exchange mailbox resource size and pst file size

12. Mailbox sizes reported vs. backup size

13. Question 16GB size on 2000 standard